Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
cocaine damage to nose
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cocaine damage to nose

About 8 months ago i snorted nearly 2 grams of cocaine every day. I am now drug free and have even given up smoking after 13 years.

My question is that during the period of me snorting for about 3 months i only ever used my left nostril to snort and i damaged my columella ( the skin just inside your nose on either side). about half a centimetre is completely missing. this has caused my nostrils to change shape and appearance which is very depressing and concerning.

My question is what type of surgery can be done to fix this if any at all? can there be some sort of skin/tissue graft that can be done?

any help would be greatly appreciated
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Far as I know, your stuck with a hole in your nose. I aquired mine at 14 years old, so of course bein stupid I started smoking it. I am not sure of surgery, never checked into that end of it. But I do know it will not regrow on its on. It may form some scar tissue and ease up a bit, it may not. Id check with a local surgeon and see if there is any possibilty of surgery. congrads on the 8 months clean time, keep at it.
Blank
1078103_tn?1256783001
I wish i had an answer for you but i dont.  I would suggest you go and see a doctor and see what you can have done.  I had many issues with my nose while doing cocaine but i never required medical attention.  It always seemed to heal up after being stopped up, bleeding, etc.  

And how long have you been cocaine free, you didn't mention so i was just wondering if you had just stopped or has it been a while?
Blank
thanks. i guess tissue don't grow back on its own, kind of luck i have lol. I will try to fing out more and post my findings.
Blank
i stopped 5 months ago. probably would be dead if i didn't.
Blank
definetly come back n let us know if a surgeon is consulted. I am curious to know if it can be fixed by surgery. I would assume with all the advancments in medicine they should be able to at least make cosmetic changes to your nose for appearance.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...