Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
codein in butilbital

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

codein in butilbital

Exactly how much codein is in butilbital?
Tags: Migraines
None. Butalbital is a medication unto itself that's commonly used for tension headache relief. It's not an opiate, it's a barbiturate. It is combined with codeine in Fioricet #3 and Fiorinal #3.
I take (and abuse) fioricet with codeine capsules... Bultalbital is the generic name.... I do not know how much codeine is in each capsule, but I know one should NEVER take more than ten in 24 hours due to respitory depression which can cause death...
GaGuy is right on the money with this one.....butalbital is a barbiturate that is in the fiorcet formulary. There is a plain old butalbital formulary. And, similar to tylenol, a combination that contains various amounts of codeine in the pills. You want to stop taking the butalbital very slowly and over a decent period of time. Do not cold turkey a barbiturate medicine.
can you help me please, first time on this...just signed up..I have been taking 10 or more tylenol # 3 ,(4 at once) to help me with pain, to get kids to pool, family dinners, get thru stuff because I am in so.....much pain from previous car accidents.  went off cold turkey , felt so....bad...wanted to die.  Now, my doctor has put me on cymbalta for pain and doxepin for nighttime, had 2 migraines after starting that...what help is there for a person who is in chronic pain and just wants to be happy and enjoy work and life.  I've tried physio...is it crazy for me to think it is better to be adddicted to something while living to actually live, or just go around in pain, and grumpy to live??  I am so distraught..I don't think I even make sense anymore.  I am 44, just left my dental assistant job,. too painful!!  I feel like a failure...oh well, it could be worse...
you might want to try starting your own thread. i'm not sure what kind of response you'll get posting that here.
fioricet w/ codeine contains 50mg butalbital, 325mg acetaminophen, 40mg caffeine, and 30mg codeine per capsule