Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
cold turkey

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

cold turkey

I am a gramma of three beautiful children and take care of them when my daughters are at work. I've taken T1's since my son was born 34 years ago. I've tried to quit numerous times but have always gone back. they are making it harder and harder to get them as pharmacies are keeping records and can they ask for your health care card and then your whole history comes up. I've been told they won't sell them to me because of what they see when they look me up.  I just realized that I do NOT want to be an old woman going pharmacy to pharmacy asking for them. I was just done with it. I tool 10 pills 2 times a day. I had cut back from the 30 I was taking.  I have been blessed with an amazing life. So I was just DONE with!!  I went c/t and had the 'flu' for a few days. I feel like a new person.  I will never ever be that gramma driving the city for some drug store to sell me these g/d things!! I haven't taken any for 3 months and never will
Good job. Don't you feel so proud of yourself now??  Recovery looks good on you.  Keep your guard up tho, this is the time we start to barter with ourselves.  We tend to get some clean time under our belt and wham, we think we can handle it and there we go relapsing....do you go to any meetings?  What tools do you use for support?  Great job.  Hope you feel great too
Good for u.I like the way u put it about not being the person to drive around looking for the pharmacy to sell them to u.Thats similiar to how 8 haad to think(I dont want to be a mom constantly searching&waiting for my scripts to get filled).Feeling normal is great.
I thought I was the only one who did this!! I thought I was bad person for taking them and when the pharmacy told me No I felt such a looser. its very comforting to know that there are people who understand and care! I am so proud of myself. hahaha just a little vain I guess. thankyou
Hey, congratulations on 3 months, thats fantastic !!!
Thanks for posting and congratulations! I also Love the freedom of feeling normal again - walking into a drug store and just feeling like a regular customer! It's silly but it's so great!
Congratulations on your 3 months!  That is so totally awesome.  Have you set up some aftercare too?
You are so right! I find that going to the drug store for shampoo and toothpaste don't have to worry about going to the pharmacy and ask/beg for T1's so very powerful for me. I used to take a lot of laxatives as well and that ended too! I feel so great these days, I have so much energy! Plus I lost 10lbs (don't know if that is common or not) and my running times have increased! I sleep so much better and  my skin has become better! I could go on and on. I'm very happy that I found this site! I have someone to talk to now! Thank-you!! It means more to me than you know