Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
coming off 100 mg of methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

coming off 100 mg of methadone

Its been 4 days without my methadone. I have taking a very very few lortabs and xanax to help with the edge. I feel no pain from the methadone. People told me I would be highly sick coming off but I am not (yet). Am I wierd?
Tags: methadone
Hi!  No, I don't THINK you're weird! : )

Methadone has a really long half life, plus you are taking a narcotic and benzo, which are blocking the WDs.  Be very careful!  Benzos can bite ya!  Especially xanax.  
Hello. maybe it is because you were at 100,a fairly high dose that the long half life has put off the w/d.And the Lortab should not do much because methadone will block out other opiates.
I am tapering and don't feel too bad,even at down to 6.Seems that every one is a little different.Watch you don't get into Lortabs,trying to get off the done.
Good luck/  karl
HI and welcome to the forum coming off 100ml is going to be ruff when you run out of lortabs thats whats keeping the withdrawals off you right now  be careful not to get hooked on the lortabs wile tring to do this methadone is know for a hard withdrawal but its different for everyone you really need to get all the narcotics out of your system to officially withdrawal right now you just postponing it so bite the bullet and let it happen there is no get out of jail free card your going to have to go thew it sooner or later mines as well get it over with good luck and God bless.....Gnarly  
HI I dont want to throw a wrench in what your doing it is admirable but jumping off at 100ml is not recommended you should taper off methadone slowly if what your tring dosent work try a slow taper down to like 5ml then jumping wont be as sever good luck and I hope you plan works but I think you may have some difficulty coming you way.....Gnarly  
The lortabs and xanax are keeping the wd's at bay.......Just be careful taking these too.  Please listen to what gnarly has told you.  He knows first hand about methadone......sara
Omg you're braver than me!!!! I been on 90 ml for about a year now but was on 140 I tapered down 5ml every week till 90'and my dr advised me to stay at that a while!!! I hate takin every day but belive me I would rather that than stop alltogether!! The reson u haven't had the wd yet is the other stuff ur takein!!!! I would not stop all that at once u'll b well bad for god no's how long by bad I mean hot 1 min freezing the next wantin to rip ur skeleton out ur body terrible tummy cramps the pain is unreal!!!!!!!! If u have no comitments and can  lock urself in bed a while then do it but kids or job DONT wats tge rush do it slowly and surely try 5-10 ml a week or 2 ml day good luck in watever u decided love to u xxemaxx
Does the Dr. that advised to to stay at 90 have a financal interest in you being hooked?
I've been right where you're at. No human body has to have 90 mgs of methodone. Your doctor and your mind might might tell you that you do; but you've also got a soul. Listen to that! Get to 50 mg fast (two months) then take 7 months to get to 5 mg. And don't listen to that "doctor." And cut the crap, you're either goin' get CLEAN or you're not!
When you do go fao it, good luck and I'll say a prayer tonight for you to recieve all the help you need-when you do it.
Above post was to go to you. SORRY LAKESY!!!!