Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
coming up neg for nor buprenorphine

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

coming up neg for nor buprenorphine

I currently take 1 1/2 suboxone strips. I take a whole in the morning and the half about 3 in the afternoon. I also take ritalin as prescribed daily. When I get my urine tests back every two weeks the lab results say that my levels are too low. It is coming up negative for nor buprenorphine. They say it could be there but it is under the cut off of 30 mg/ml . One week the doctor called the lab and the lab  said something to this effect: Because the patient takes ritalin it pushes the nor-bup out faster than with a patient not taking ritalin. Therefore it doesnt have the proper time to build up in the patients metabolite. It is almost like there is no "back log"of the nor bup in my system. But my levels have always been consistant with in the last 6 months that I have been taking the medication. But NOW my doctor does not want to accept what the lab had to say that one day and I do take my suboxone EXACTLY as prescribed and I am afraid that I am going to get cut off. He pushes my buttons every visit and makes me cry and all I can do is tell the truth but he wont accept the truth he calles me names and makes me cry each time. I need to know why my levels are not as they should be. can anyone help?

This discussion is related to 32mg of sub... does tolerance increase?.
Tags: suboxone levels low
This is just my opinion bit mayb u need to fi.d a new sub dr.!!! My sub dr is caring and understand.  There is noooo reason u should have to seal with tht! And he should b ashamed to make u feel like tht! If u eber meed to talk u can PM me .. i hope it works out for u . :)
That is absolutley horrible!!!! you need to have him fax your med records to a new saboxone doctor right away and file a complaint.
in  my area sub doctors are very hard to come by. there is a waiting list for every doctor in the area. So while i am on multiple waiting lists i need to just deal with his abuse but i have to find this answer out or i am cut off on my next appointment. plz help.