Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
control

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

control

hey guys....how has everyone been doing?

i finally had my appt with my new doctor....she seems like she knows what she is talking about. apparantly along with my other stupid midsection problems, i have a hital hirnea as well. what fun. but anyway, i was talking to her about how i am in some kind of pain every day of my life, and i am sick of it and sick of doctors not really wanting to help me, they just throw all kinds of medication at me instead.

but pretty much, she said she wants to work with me and help me with different methods, see a nutritionist to make a strict plan for my particular situation, and do a lot of blood work to test stuff. she says that some kind of blood count looked low, and that my body is not holding in the vitamin B12 that I am taking....or iron....which would explain why i have been so TIRED all the time lately. i am sure not taking the pain meds helps with that!

so i go this weekend for all the blood work, she said she wants to make sure it is nothing serious....and hopefully help me get the health issue back on track. she even told me that i am letting my health control me, and i need to get control of it.

anyone that has health problems, and starting using the pain meds because of that, what kinds of methods/advice did you do to TAKE COMPLETE CONTROL.?

thanks guys.
Hope i'm so glad you found a dr that will listen. I hope she can really do something to help you out. Thanks for letting us know. Wow Maybe soon you will be feeling much better and free from the hydro hell.
thanks, and i sure hope so. i am trying not to load up on caffeine but that is the only thing that is helping me get through the days....that would explain why when i take 2-3 B12s a day and it doesn't help.....i just don't get how my body is just 'not absorbing' them....sucks!

and ps
i finally wrote my background story on my journal if anyone gets bored.... :)
ya know I was'nt getting much help from the b-12 either but more from the multi vitamins i take. And if I feel like i'm getting tired i take a couple more and off I go. Dunno what the deal is with that. maybe due to the hydrocodone our body needs other vitamins to absorb the b-12.
Make sure that you take your vitamins with something to eat.  Fattier foods will help with the absorbtion of the vitamins but you just have to make sure that you don't take them on an empty stomach.  They'll go right through you and your body will not absorb the necessary elements from them!

Trout
I was told to take activate quercetin with bioflavonoid complex. She said taking the b12 for me without them would be like claping with one hand. I did get this information from a nutrionist that was familiar with my bloodwork and history. The quercetin is expensive. But I think it helps. I've been feeling more energy. They are also one of the best antioxidants available in pill form.  I hope you feel better soon.
I also take a good multivitiman and bonemeal forget to mention that. AND I must make myself move. Walk at least 30 mins a day.
i usually just take my vitamins with a granola bar....maybe i need to eat more? i am limited to what fatty foods/meat i can eat due to my stomach problems. i usually just stick to fish and eggs. i know that when you don't eat a lot of red meats you tend to lack in B12 also.

i have even tried the whole green superfood deal, and this new stuff i just bought called limu....still nothing :(

activate quercetin with bioflavonoid complex----i have never heard of this. do you know what kind of vitamin/supplement it is?

i know that i am slightly anemic too which adds to the fatigue problem....as of right now i feel almost mentally bored, which i never am...if that even makes sense. like i need something to stimulate my mind/brain....and time seems to be standing COMPLETELY still.

weird stuff.
sorry to hear that you are anemic too. I have it really bad. I TRY to take my RX iron pills at least once a day, but man they tear my stomach up so bad!! right after i take one, I get nauseaous for about an hour , then get stomach pains, then later on constipation and they just make me feel bloated and like **** all the way around. I wish there was a different way! Ive been trying to load up on iron rich foods in my diet but most of the foods high in it are BEANS which cause gas problems too, LOL. Cant win! I swear Im about ready to just go in for a dang blood tranfusion just so I can get some good blood in my body, lol