Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
cotton fever??

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

cotton fever??

any1 ever experience cotton fever...what do u guys think is worse dope withdrawel or cotton fever??
Okay i will bite...what is cotton fever??
what is cotton fever?
glad i am not the only one here that didnt know!!!!!
never heard of it myself. and I know a lot, heh. Fill us in?????
not too many hit up dope on here nicky, cottonfever ***** tho,, I bet the other nickysixx might be able to answer tho,, lol!   (motly crue)
cotton fever  is when u have a  little little piece of cotton fiber on the tip of the needle and  when you dont see it, it accidentally  goes into your bloodstream, causing a really  bad sicknessss
That sounds like it would be pretty sh***ty!!!
its actually how  layne staly the former singer of alice in chains girlfriend died..she died from a cotton fever and her body  couldnt fight it off
did you shoot up again???
It is also from pounding the cotton to get remains of dope out theby breaking up the cotton.. the fiber runs through your blood stream and heart causing chills severe shaking You feel pretty bad for a few hours.. not as long as wd but definitely pushing the envelope.. lesa
I just read about it on Wikpedia.....How scary
Lesa is more on the ball with this one ... also some school of thought that its a viral thing associated with cotton ..... BUT to answer the question ..... strong withdrawal is much worse than cotton fever ... the so called cotton fever doesnt last all that long and isnt quite as intense as the withdrawals - - dont get me wrong .. its no fun .. best to stay well away from both.
It can be very scary too see.. I have been lucky and never had it myself but my heroin partner did a few times..
dominosarah no i did not shot up again...i been clean for quite a little while..i plan to stay this way at least for a  li lwhile..i mean im not gonna lie to myself  or you  guys  but i will prob end up using again but i msure as  hell gonna try my  hardest!! i just feel like i need to use b/c i have no family support..they pretty much gave up on me and dont have any hope and dont really know what i mgoin thru so they cant understand me soi they just think im a  junky although i never stole from my parents  or from any1 else.When i was sick i never did anythin to get my  next fix  i just kinda dealt with it but wenever  ihad  money id blow my whole paycheck and not even have 2 doillars left in my pocket for a coffe.!!...well see if  istay clean though i really want to but the real test is tomrrow cuz  iget my pay check tomrrow.thnaks guys for the support your pretty much all  ihave and its so great i found this site  yesterday
Eeek cotton fever.... I had it a few times cuz I used to mash that cotton to get every last tiny molecule that might have been there. But this one time it was so bad I was having seizures and couldn't talk - oh wow it was bad. What's worse.... depends on how big the dope habit and how bad the cotton fever! Eeek I'm so glad I don't have to worry about those things anymore!!

Nicky - I had that same mindset before - "I want to stay clean but I'll probly use again". As cheesy as the saying is you really have to just take it one day at a time. Trying to look at it as a whole is pretty daunting. What you're thinking about all this will play a huge factor... try not to set yourself up. There's always support here so stick around!
We will always be here for you....Use that paycheck for something other than drugs.  Stick with us here and we will get you thru these rough periods.  We wont give up on you.  sara
Hey Nickysixx  Cattalina is right.. take it one day at a time. you can do it.. getting dope sick off and on su cks big time.. it really takes it out of us and hard on our bodies we go through a tremendous amount of stress in blood pressure and stomach issues.. not to mention the bouncing around of emotions. many of us moved to escape our environment.. Hope you stick with us.. I will look for the post.. got paid and did not score :)