Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
cough syrup rexcof-addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

cough syrup rexcof-addiction

sir/mam,
i desperatly desire to quit cough syrup, intake is 3 bottles /day since, 8 yrs, plz help me to quit it.
Tags: quit
Hi and Welcome! I need to do a little research on this cough syrup,,,give me a little bit but I also wanted to bump you up in line in case another member may have an answer. It can be a lil slow on the weekends. Ill write back when I find out some more info. Hang in there with us,,we will help you thru this. ((hugs))~Bkitty
So from my understanding the cough syrup that you take has codeine in it? That is most likely the culprit causing the abuse of it. Codeine is a narcotic. A lot of the withdrawal symptoms will mimic withdrawal from opiates. Can you tell me a lil more about what is going on? Thanks~Bkitty
Dxm is in it that's what he abuses it for. Pyschodelic effects
Come join us over here if you want support...

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/617911/DamTrams-War-on-DXM
join a rehab.... dont irritate your loved ones
That's a ridicules statement. Rehab is great but you should try to get a team of support surrounding you. If they are your loved ones, they'll be happy to help you with your recovery.
sorry if i sounded bad, but my point was that its good to seek support but i would prefer to spare my loved ones from all the withdrawal symptoms drama
it can be a nightmare for them