Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
crack addict father

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

crack addict father

If the mother never tried crack and the father was addicted can the baby have damage .?
yes
yes...in fact i know of a baby where something similar to this occurred, and yes, for sure!!
i was almost positive it's not possible for the baby to be affected if only the father uses. i googled it and the answer is no it is not affected. sperm has nothing to do with it or damage to the fetus. this is from wiki answers

Other than 'addictiveness' has a tendency to pass from one generation to the next (and to my knowledge it's not been proven whether that's from genetics or upbringing), no, the genetic code in the sperm is not affected by crack.

sooo your saying if you an crack addict, theres no cocaine in your bodily fluids?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not what im saying at all, just saying what i googled, crack does not affect sperm is what is said. google it.
gizzy is right.  i googled it and it says it is not carried in the sperm....
per netwellnessdotcom

Certain drugs like the opiates (heroin, Vicodin, codeine, Tylenol #3 etc,) can have an effect on sperm morphology
This is what I found ........... in males, the cocaine in crack may attach to the sperm causing damage to the cells of the fetus
yes opiates can. that was not the question, the question was for crack and crack does not affect sperm.
well i guess drs. have completely different opinions on this it looks like. a few  doctor's said it's not possible to affect the sperm at all. regardless, no child should come into this world with a parent abusing drugs. either way they will be affected by it at somepoint. the one i read said it's not possible to affect the sperm, but im only going by google and the answers i saw. best of luck
Thank you avisg..

this is basically common sense
i could be wrong, but thisis waht o read when i googled it:

There is less likelihood of effects developing in the sexual partners of male cocaine users as a result of exposure to cocaine in semen. The total content of cocaine and benzoylecgonine in ejaculate did not exceed 0.001 mg in specimens collected 1 h after cocaine administration
When I had my daughter her bio dad was a coke addict the doctor said it was possible but she turned out fine thank god ... I dont know what is the write info I would bet gizzy is right different doctors have different opinions.

Crack and Pregnancy:

increased incidence of still births

increased incidence of miscarriages

premature (often fatal) labor and delivery

in males, the cocaine in crack may attach to the sperm causing damage to the cells of the fetus.

babies exposed to coke experience painful and life threatening withdrawal, are irritable, have poor ability to regulate their own body temperature and blood sugar and are at increased risk of having seizures
lmao, there is a difference between common sense and what a doctor and science says. the chance of it affecting the baby is almost impossible, did not say impossible, but almost.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree that babies exposed to coke are at a risk, but coming from the fathers side after 9 months in the womb, and not being exposed to the fathers use...they would not be affected

i was just quoting google on the sperm issue.

but no child should have to endure any of it... it is sad that many will
what is WRONG!!!!!!?????????????

please expalin, your post directed at me doesnt make sense
ty for the smile today:) you had said earlier WRONG!!!!!!!!!! i am saying it's a fact and almost impossible for one sperm to affect the egg. you said it's common sense. i am saying there is a difference between common sense and what science proves. don't get upset cause your wrong. the chances of only the father using and affecting the fetus is next to impossible, almost nil. calm down. lmao.
wow, wut a time to jump on the forum. I joined this site because of this question!! does sperm affect fetus or mother in any way. since then I have talked to several doctors, and here is wut i have found.
sperm can effect the mother, she may experience periods of no sleep, anxiety attacks, restlessness, pretty much all the things we experience when high.
cocaine in the sperm does not effect the egg , or fetus if already pregnant. seems mommy takes all the abuse.
again, this is from several doctors, and an addiction counselor that has 25 years in the field
bahahahaha
thanks for clearing up this issue newmanagement.  if anyone should know its you...good to see you tonite.
sweet dreams tracee. that was my 2000 post here too, lol. one to remember. crack is a terrible drug and im am happy you are off it now. congrats
I dont see ne more post from elaine the original poster on this.
I do wantcha to know that being a father and an addict , I know the impact that cocaine in ne form can have on your baby after it is born. Please consider talking to the father about being clean, at least if he is gonna be in babies life. I have torn my kids up by not coming home, calling, etc. for days at a time. I have taken my daughter to a dope house when she was only 2. I have hurt them greatly, and in my own heart I will prolly neva forgive myself.
but they forgive, thank God.
So please , if addicted daddy is gonna b roun for this baby, make him get clean and stay clean . make him show that he wants this, wit all his heart and soul.