Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
crack addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

crack addiction

my husband has been a 20 plus years user of cocaine.  2 and a half years ago he got into crack really hard, he was a classic crackhead.  he left me an my son, moved in with a crackwhore who could "hook him up". needless to say he hit "rock" bottom and came home, he cleaned up a little but he still does it.  He will spend upwards of 800 dollars in one night smoking crack, like once a week, but that is his paycheck so  he can only do it once a week, is there any hope, will he ever stop, or should I get out while i still have what is left of my dignity.
Sorry for your pain, What do u mean when u say he hit rock bottom and came home?
Does he want any help? or in denial??
you may have to leave with your dignity...and please know that you do have alot left of that!!!  You have to take care of YOU and your son...
hugs
r2r
It doesn't sound to me like he actually 'hit rock bottom' since you say he cleaned up a little but he is still using.That 800 dollars a week is not just 'his' paycheck.He has a wife and a child whos support he needs to contribute to.He has had a habit for a long time,and although it is absolutely possible for him to clean up,until he wants to,it's not going to happen.Do you ever confront him about this? Do you tell him if he doesn't get help that you and your child are going to leave?What is his response?
i;m sorry your going through this, but 20 years is a long time to put up with this. the problem with crack is once you start, you don't stop. i have watched people take money from their own children, steal, prostitute themselves and be willing to die for this drug. it is one of the most evil drugs there are and will turn a wonderful person into nothing but a waste of life and harm to society. i am a coke addict and unless he gets some serious help, the chances of him quitting are next to none. sorry to sound negative, but ive been around crack and to this day, i know of only one person that has stayed clean. since this is the net and we don't know the whole situation it really is hard to judge and this is something i normally wouldn't say, but get out now, and take care of you and your son. i hope he seeks help, but until he does this is not a life for you. best of luck and im sorry.
hi msmoore,iam an addict who is addicted to crack cocaine and i am in agreement through my own knowledge that once i re-lapse and take my first hit,the only way in most cases i can stop is when all my money is gone.A example is,i was clean for a couple of months recovering from sergury.I am now feelig almost healthy,I got paid,paid my rent,telephone,cable and internet and then i used. I spent the remaining 1127.00,I didnt buy any groceries,I didnt pay the electric bill and i face looseing 4000.00 in jelry as a result of not being ablr to get it out of the pawn-shop in time.Ms this drug is very evil,i have been at the point of overdose and suicidal thought many times.The reason in my opinion that i relapse is because i dont attend to my recovery. im 49 and havr suffered with this cocaine-crack problem since i was in my thirtys30s.There is no medication that helps,only the psycholgical and spiritual therapy.Onr last point i have to make.when i am happy.healthy and have a pocket full of money and i am no working on staying clean and sober,that is wheni am in EXTREME DANGER. all the best john
Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer"...but sweetheart move on! Ur husband has hit rock bottom and still swimming in a cess-pool of his very nasty addiction! He obviously doesn't have a bottom or he's chosen 2 ignore his downward spiral! Kick his *** out of ur life....ur too precious to allow HIS addiction 2 consume YOU!
All that has been written here on crack addiction screams out one word: "IT IS A LIFE LONG STRUGGLE"...to come clean. Even those who claims to be clean still crave and fight the need to relapse on a daily basis...what a painfull life that must be..:-(...something this evil controlling the human mind with power beyond our understanding...I believe that only God can set an addict free..It is to Him you must call to fight the battle for you..as it is not in this world the War can be Won..it is in the spiritual re-alm. I pray for God to hear the lost souls calling..please intervene and save those who really is seeking to be freed! Amen