crushing suboxone
When I try to take my suboxone it just won't melt under my tongue, an hour later I still have a big chunk left. I read on this site that crushing it first will release the naloxone but that doesn't make sense to me. I thought the naloxone was not very bio-available sublingually but becomes very bio-available if injected. So shouldn't it be okay to crush the pills before putting them under my tongue?
You are correct. As long as you take the auboxonw under the tongue you will be fine. Try this, break the tablet in two or even four. Drink send water before you tale it so you have some saliva. Stick the smaller pieces under your tongue. If you can't take a whole on, take half and when it's gone, tale the other half. Good luck.
Thank you. I was breaking it into pieces and melting them one at a time but that meant I couldn't really talk or answer the phone for 40 minutes at a time several times a day. Now that I have been clean for a week my family and friends are expecting a little more normalcy from me (they don't understand that normal for me for a long time was high) so I thought of crushing the pills just to cut back on the amount of time I have my mouth shut. I'm thinking a combination of these methods at different times of the day should be fine. Thanks again.