damage
I am so scared I have caused damage to my liver. After I get off of these will it repair itself or am I in trouble. The only syntom I have right now is welling in my akiles and feet. But i have taken fluid pills for the fluid for yrs before I started taken lorcet.
If you are seriosly concerned you may ask for liver enzymes to be run - elevated enzymes are the first indicator of liver damage - How many of how much for how long? I have a pretty good working knowledge on this one...my liver is shot! Feel free to PM or post a question..............Your liver will forgive you if you quit in time......if you were on the diuretics before the hydro you should be okay in that direction - but thats more of a heart thing with retaining the fluids.....good luck - you can do this and be better for it -
I have worried about that myself.  But you should have a liver function test done if you are worried.  I do know that your liver can sometimes regenerate if not damaged too bad.  Do you have any pain in your right side?  Good luck...........:)
Yippee, you posted! There are so many here that will want to get to know you and offer advice and support. Wondering has been PMing avis & I this morning. I told her we won't bite.
They are right, generally if you quit early enough your liver ends up being fine.  Was your liver fine before you started taking the pills?  People that have any form of hepatitis usually end up with a further damaged liver after long term pill usage.  Definitely ask your doctor to run some blood tests on you to be sure.  Try not to stress out about it too much intil you know for sure....  Hang in there - I know it's scary, but you'll make it thru this!!  GL
I would probably wait on the tests until after you are done tapering.
I don't know what to do. I still have about 20 or 30 so if i can taper off i will be soooooooooo happy. I also Have a friend that takes as many as 15 a day and drinks a case of beer a day he said he had a physical and his liver was fine. What do you think?
The liver has an amazing capacity to heal itself by regenerating damaged cells or replacing them with new ones.  It is the fastest regenerating organ in the body.

Cirrohsis is scarring of the liver which can't be repaired and is typically associated with heavy drinking.

It is good to have it checked, but as many here that have abused, there are very few with elevated liver enzymes.did you get the taper from avis yet?
I am so gald you posted . :)
For your peace of mind I need to add that I do have HCV and scarring from cirhossis....I still am well versed in the liver end If you need to talk - I do have a strong instinct that tells me your liver is going to be all right.....take advantage of this early warning ........

Your friend is going to be disapponited soon - there is just plain no way that you can drink heavily and take 15-20 hydros per day and not eventually go down.....please tell him to read these posts -
THANKS SO MUCH. I DO NEED SOME INCOURAEMENT BELIEVE ME. DO YOU HAVE INSTANT MESSAGING?
Eagle is right..swelling in your feet/ankles is usually heart related...which chronic narcotic use is not easy on the heart either...selling or bloating in the abdominal region is usually indicative of liver problems...i would get my enzymes checked with a blood tst..i did after i quit and was relieved..it is amazing what the liver can tolerate...drinking on top of the tylenol is even harder on the liver..be safe and glad ur quitting
Although the liver is very forgiving ( its one of the only organs that will actually rejuvenate ) their are supplements that can help to prevent further damage. A, STOP DRINKING & DRUGGING B, try Liver blend SP-13 dandelion-milk thistle by solaray  ( you should google it ) it helped me big time.

good luck & GOD bless
                                                                                                         jimi

Careful - I have heard through the grapevine that avisg indeed does bite!!!
Only a liver biopsy can tell you the true condition of your liver. People can have elavated readings but have little or no damage and you can have normal readings but have damage. The biopsy is painless though and will tell the dr exactly whats going on,,gl
Liver is regerative!! yay! Go Liver!