Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
dangers of combing xanax and cocaine?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

dangers of combing xanax and cocaine?

are there dangers of doing cocaine and then taking xanax to come down 3 hours later
hi and welcome. i like your screen name, i hope and pray you are trying to get healthy.
yes there are indeed dangers in doing coke and then xanax. there is danger in continuing to experiment with any drugs recreationally. we are here to  encourage people who want to seek help to detox and to encourage them to remain a recovering addict and not an active one. please tell us a little about yourself. we are all ears.
debbie
I am an addict and need help. I just told myself that I did my last line of cocaine this morning after staying up for 2 days. now want to take my perscription to xanax. I have been doing this for way to long and am wondering what the dangers are and what I have already done to my body. I am already going to Hazeldon in Minnesota for treatment next week. can i take xanax to come down off my cocaine high. I know at Hazeldon they will also take me off my xanax
i am so happy for you and so proud of you that you want to reclaim your life and are taking the steps necessart to do it. first and foremost you admitted you are an addict that is a huge step in the recovery process. then you called and set up rehab, that is awesome.
do you have any coke left? or your finished it? as long as you stopped you will start to come down. what is your script for xanax?
i have no coke left because I finished it this morning. It has been 2 hours and 38 minutes since my last line.my script for xanax is 2 mg twice a day. Can I take it or will it cause a heart attack. my pulse is at 107
Hi there -

We can't advise on this, as mixing could indeed be dangerous.  With a pulse of 107, you should contact your doctor. We know it isn't easy discussing drug use with your doctor, but it's really important that you be as honest as possible.  It might be from the cocaine use, but a pulse of 107 can indicate a lot of different things, and you shouldn't hesitate to get it checked.

Emily
please cut off all ties and contacts to the coke.
that is a fairly  high amount of xanax. when was the last time you took any?  have you ever mixed them before?
xanax would need to be tapered cant just stop taking it?
xanax slows down the heart. it wouldnt normally cause heart attacks.
are you feeling extremely jiggery?
i want my pulse to come down. I have mixed them before but i ussually wait 7 hours, not 3. The last time I took some xanax was yesterday morning. I am feeling jittery
as long as you are done with the coke.you will start to come down. i will pray for you to be strong.
go for a walk and drink lots of fluids to help to flush out your system.
you can get some natural remedys valerian root,melatonin, they will help relax you.
thank the LORD HE has kept you safe.
you have also gotten yourself upset by this that would make your pulse higher. take deep breathes. take a cooler shower.
Hi, folks,

Since this thread is old and the original participants are no longer taking part, we'll close it now.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button near the top of this page.  Thanks!

Claire
______________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.