ADDICTION: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
COMMUNITY
dangers of combing xanax and cocaine?
by healthy168, Jul 12, 2011
are there dangers of doing cocaine and then taking xanax to come down 3 hours later
Member Comments (11)
by atthebeach, Jul 12, 2011
hi and welcome. i like your screen name, i hope and pray you are trying to get healthy.
yes there are indeed dangers in doing coke and then xanax. there is danger in continuing to experiment with any drugs recreationally. we are here to  encourage people who want to seek help to detox and to encourage them to remain a recovering addict and not an active one. please tell us a little about yourself. we are all ears.
debbie
by healthy168, Jul 12, 2011
I am an addict and need help. I just told myself that I did my last line of cocaine this morning after staying up for 2 days. now want to take my perscription to xanax. I have been doing this for way to long and am wondering what the dangers are and what I have already done to my body. I am already going to Hazeldon in Minnesota for treatment next week. can i take xanax to come down off my cocaine high. I know at Hazeldon they will also take me off my xanax
by atthebeach, Jul 12, 2011
i am so happy for you and so proud of you that you want to reclaim your life and are taking the steps necessart to do it. first and foremost you admitted you are an addict that is a huge step in the recovery process. then you called and set up rehab, that is awesome.
do you have any coke left? or your finished it? as long as you stopped you will start to come down. what is your script for xanax?
by healthy168, Jul 12, 2011
i have no coke left because I finished it this morning. It has been 2 hours and 38 minutes since my last line.my script for xanax is 2 mg twice a day. Can I take it or will it cause a heart attack. my pulse is at 107
by Emily_MHModerator, Jul 12, 2011
Hi there -

We can't advise on this, as mixing could indeed be dangerous.  With a pulse of 107, you should contact your doctor. We know it isn't easy discussing drug use with your doctor, but it's really important that you be as honest as possible.  It might be from the cocaine use, but a pulse of 107 can indicate a lot of different things, and you shouldn't hesitate to get it checked.

Emily
by atthebeach, Jul 12, 2011
please cut off all ties and contacts to the coke.
that is a fairly  high amount of xanax. when was the last time you took any?  have you ever mixed them before?
xanax would need to be tapered cant just stop taking it?
xanax slows down the heart. it wouldnt normally cause heart attacks.
are you feeling extremely jiggery?
by healthy168, Jul 12, 2011
i want my pulse to come down. I have mixed them before but i ussually wait 7 hours, not 3. The last time I took some xanax was yesterday morning. I am feeling jittery
by atthebeach, Jul 12, 2011
as long as you are done with the coke.you will start to come down. i will pray for you to be strong.
go for a walk and drink lots of fluids to help to flush out your system.
you can get some natural remedys valerian root,melatonin, they will help relax you.
by atthebeach, Jul 12, 2011
thank the LORD HE has kept you safe.