Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
dangers of xanax

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

dangers of xanax

I am writing for a friend.  She recently had surgery for cancer of her kidney.  Surgery was successful and she is neither on chemo or radiation therapy.  After surgery she became very depressed and cried frequently.  It has now been about two months since the surgery.  I myself, have gone thru severe situational depression a few years back and have compeltely recovered, so I am familiar with how my friend is feeling. She is now taking Prozac, which has just been upped to twice daily.  Her doctor has also given her Xanax.  The recommended dosage is 4xdaily.  I don't know the strength.  In the beginning she seemed to be coming along fine and getting progressively better. But now she has hit bottom again and it seems when she takes the xanax she becomes more depressed-  she starts shaking. and cries easily.  I know when I had my problem, the doctor did not want me on this drug for more than two weeks, and then put me on Klonopin.  My friend used to be a very strong person-ran a bookstore then a clothing store. Am I correct in thinking that the xanax is not the drug for her?  Is it working against the Prozac?  She was going to call her internist today, whom she has not spoken to about this yet.  I might mention that I took my self off of my anti-depressants on my own when I realized it was causing high blood pressure.  My physiatrist  never once told me to monitor my blood pressure.  My physcian didn't even know that anitdepressants can cause high-only low.  He looked it up and sure enough it could cause high.  It seems that doctors are pushing pills on us without all the facts.
I really can't safely answer the question about the prozac working against the xanax as I am not a physician nor a pharmacologist...I am a nurse and I can say honestly that I have given prozac and xanax together but each patient is different  everyone's body chemistry is different what one person can tolerate maybe the next one can't...it could be that she is not tolerating the prozac well,  My mom was one that prozac did strange things to...it made my mom shake and cry. depression can be a very tricky thing,,,whether it be situational depression, clinical depression, post partum etc...sometimes the only way to find the right method of treatment is unfortunately by trial and error..trying various meds,  a combination of meds...etc...you friends doc is probably her best bet to contact regarding these side effect...he can give her a better evaluation and switch the meds..maybe the doseage...and yes, many physicians are not always aware of the side effects...sadly they rely on the nurses to know about the drugs they order as well as the Pharmacists...I, myself have caught orders that have been written for dosages of different meds that were unheard of....not too often but it happens..it could be something very simple with your friend such as a dose adjustment....anyway...let us know how things are going for you and your friend. She is a very lucky person to have a friend that cares such as you....good luck to you both     love to all     cindi

It is possible if she lowered her dose of xanax for 24 hours even by one or two mg's she could have withdrawal such as crying and shaking. Possibly even seizures if she is not careful. Klonopin is said to be better for anxiety since it is longer lasting. It also is addictive though like xanax.

It is also possible that the prozac is making her extra emotional. I take 10 mg of Klonopin a day which is extremely high dose but I take mine for seizures as well as acute anxiety attacks. She will experience withdrawal from prozac too, doctors prefer to call it discontinuation syndrome which is really withdrawal because your body has become used to it.

The surgery operations can easily lead to depression. My worse depression has been over the past six months since I had a historectomy, only the uterus, and catarac surgery. I have been suicidal many times. Just give your friend all the support she needs and keep telling her you care for her. That's what a depressed person really needs to hear for emotional support; not a lecture on drugs or lifestyle changes etc.
I was wondering if anyone here has heard from Angelica?  i am a little concerned about her and I am worried about JB,,,I was watching my favorite     (the weather channel)   LOL  and saw that the area that I think JB lives in has been hit with some bad weather and possible tornadoes?  since I am leaving for florida soon  ( I know everyone is tired of hearing about my florida vaca LOL) i am glued to the weather channel.....

I own a piece of land in Punta Gorda Florida. It is two miles from the Gulf Of Mexico and on a lake. Do you want to buy it? LOL

Actually I am trying to sell it. I don't need it way over where I live. I don't get the Weather Channel over here, but I sure can't wait for that first typhoon!!!!! It has been much much much too long!!!! With my new job I will actually get to chase the typhoons and enjoy them instead of working through them!!!!
Welcome! The antianxiety (benzodizapene)/antidepressant combination is apparently quite common as anxiety & depression so often go hand-in-hand, feeding off each other as it were. Over the years I have had many different anxiety meds prescribed, and there was never very much dramatic change in the effects -- some worked better than others but in subtle ways.
On the other hand,  a number of people have told me about themselves, friends, family, etc. "freaking out" due to antidepressants. I agree w/Cindi that is a possible cause, moreso than the Xanax. But whatever the cause, it sounds like some kind of medication adjustment is needed to bring your friend relief. Best wishes, Milo
Hello Friends,
     Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, I'm just so tired anymore. I can't figure out if it's my illness or the 6 or more grandkids that are here everyday or both.
     I was caught up in this thread. My husband had a nervous breakdown 5 years ago after a spinal injury. He had to start seeing a phychiatrist and that nearly destroyed ME! He had him on so many drugs he was a walking zombi. This went on for months.Then my husband tried to kill himself by taking an overdose of valuim. The doctor said he didn't think it was on purpose. Get real. He took 10 10mg. valuim pills and would of taken more if he had them. I finally told my husband he needed to get rid of the pills so he could think again. He did. He still takes some for depression but now he doesn't need to carry a piece of paper with all of them wrote down and when to take them. My sister-in-law just went throught he same thing too. After a year of it, her husband told her it was the pills or him. She is now pill free and happy. So my feelings for Phychiatrists are not favorable. They told my husband his problems stemmed from his childhood. Not the fact that he could no longer work and support his family or the injury he had to his spine. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!
     My sister was crying all the time. She is 42. She was so depressed and she didn't get joy out of anything anymore. But this all started rather suddenly. Her doctor put her on paxil and hormones. She is doing much better. I believe the change in her hormones was the ticket. Could this friend of yours be on medicine that may of caused this change? After my urostomy, I cried for a year. The change in my apperance was very hard to deal with. Did she have any issues like that? I really hope she gets the help she needs. She certainly has a good friend. Be there for her. Cindi and Thomas are the wise ones here, I just sit here and listen to good advice. But this touched home and I do hope she gets better soon. I'll remember her in my prayers.
    Take care Cindi and Thomas. I hope you hear from Angelica soon. Please say hello for me and give her my love.
    God Bless,
        Kerrie
I don't have any real answers for this one, but, I know, when I was on Prozac for one fun-filled month I was a combination space case and rage-exploder. Very pleasant experience for my wife. I took myself of the damn Prozac and, within, 24 hours I felt relatively wonderful and stayed that way. I think SSRIs are a crock. They give psychiatrists a hell of an easy ride. You go in, they listen to you for five minutes, than they prescribe an SSRI. If that doesn't work, they prescribe a different one. A monkey could do their job.
Wow, I finally took the time to read down the board since I last was at a computer for any length of time. It looks like a mental warfare taking place for a while. I hope that has stopped by now. There used to be some very good people on here, I see some have remained and some have dropped off after the blazing fires of nonsense began.

I realize drug addicts and alcoholics can get cranky to say the least but that was getting hard to read. I hope the good guys and gals that left come back and continue helping as you were. Working with addicts,I find they are often overly sensitive and easily take things the wrong way. They already have an insecurity problem, usually a financial problem, physical problems and low self esteems because of the stigma of addiction. I believe people become addicts for a reason. Their body needs something it is not getting and the person harmlessly self medicates and it later becomes addiction. We should look for why we are addicts in the first place, are we self medicating for pain, stress, grief etc, and work from there. I am no expert just another addict like everyone else on this board. Good luck to all. I do believe in God and I will be praying for everyone in our situation.
what    no weather channel?  typhoon?   where are you    Japan of something?   how do survive with no weather channel.....that's how i fall asleep at night  LOL    punta Gorda is not too far from where I will be looking for a house...do you know where cape coral is?   land to buy    huh?      man,,,,don't tempt me.......LOL
Well, I'm glad you came back..yep for awhile it ws a mess here....things have calmed down considerably...out of respect for other people here that is all i will venture to say...we did lose a sweetheart of a  woman but that was for many different reasons  I am going to have lunch with here next week when i go to florida.....I suppose when you get a close communtiy such as this place,,,things can get hairy at times...especially with us being addicts.....in the meantime we have gained a bunch of different people that are the best I have met....love to all   cin
I'm still here! Yeah, we got a righteous storm here a few days ago that I am still cleaning up from. Just high wind but no tornado. Our telephone pole took a direct hit from lightning and I lost my modem, surge protector, microwave oven and answering machine. Not to mention our eardrums!

I don't have much to say about Xanax except that my wife has been taking it religiously since 1994 and at the same dosage she started out on. I get a bottle of sixty every month but rarely take even half of them...they make me too damn tired! I know for a fact that they cause hypotension in me. I tend not to take them with any pain meds unless it is before bedtime.

I hope your vacation to Florida is a hoot! I've never been there myself.  This time of year I think that I'd be better off in Alaska...it's s'posed to get up to 92 here today with 95% humidity.  Take care and be well,  J.B.
Well, I've just had the joyful experience so many of us on the forum have had -- "the suspicious doctor/nurse/pharmacist" (multiple choice). I'm having a procedure done next week, & after almost a month since my last visit, I asked for a refill on Vicodin. You'd have thought I was asking for a morphine drip! "We've already given you quite a bit..." I ask you, sincerely, is a grand total of 20 Vicodin over the course of four weeks "quite a bit"? After 2 phone calls, they "graciously" called in a handful of tablets. At least this is a specialist whom I won't have to deal with on a regular basis (I hope). I really feel for the chronic pain sufferers among us who are treated like criminals, or at best, naughty children. Just needed to vent a little -- thanks for listening, Milo
Finally, we have summer weather   it got to be 92 today   no too bad in the humidity department  usually we have heat plus humididy...that's a bummer but we have a pool :)    I can't wait to meet Brighty   I am gonna take pics and send them to you gus....I hate bad storms....the storms are not bad but here in Ohio they are usually followed by a twister or two....my cousin was killed in a F5 twister that hit here back in 1985....demolished the whole town of NIles....it was bad..we had a small one touch down last month about a mile from my house and I didn't even know it....I'm glad to know that everyon is safe...my luck i'll get stuck in a hurricane in florida.....Love to all    cin
Hey Cin, I did recieve an e-card back from Angelica the same day you got mine. I guess that was like Saturday or so. I hope all is well with her. It seemed so in her mail. Hi J.B. I don't envy you and the humidity at all. Here in California we are having the 100+ days but no humidity so it makes it nice. Peace to you brother. Have either of you heard from Shane? I haven't seen his posts in the last couple of days. Hope all is well with him. Things are slow today at work so I have the luxury of sitting here expounding my wealth of Wizard knowledge LOL which amounts to which direction to take down the yellow brick road to see those flying monkeys LOL. (don't pat attention to the man behind the curtain) ROFLMAO! Oh well, God bless you all as ever and I'll keep you in my lunchtime prayers too!
Power & Magick 2 U all,
luv Wiz
Hello Milo,
     I understand the way you felt when you asked for the pain meds. I am a chronic pain sufferer that has a rare disease resulting in a urostomy. I've had my abdomen opened up 5 times due to major surgeries, I've had a six inch cyst removed off my spinal cord,leaving me with agonizing pain and limb weakness,and ruptuered disk surgery with permanent injury to the caulda equina nerve,degenerative disk disease and chronic painful diahrea due to disease. Sorry for such a long sentence,but I wanted you to understand just what kind of war all chronic pain sufferers are in. I was diagnosed 10 years ago with a rare terminal illness. But because I am in remission they don't think I need pain meds. I was really suffering untill I found the doctor I'm seeing now. He is an advocate for chronic pain sufferers. He has been brought before the medical board twice already and exspecting to have to go again anytime. He was appalled after he read my history that any doctor would treat me with so little regard. One doctor was giving me 2 hydros a day for my pain. When I asked him to increase it so I could have some quality of life,He told me the only reason my back hurt me was because I walked on 2 legs instead of all 4's like we're suppose to. I was so angry I squalled. I wish I had got down on my knees and crawled out of his office and told all his patients in the waiting room why I was doing it. But I was too upset to think straight. This man had never even examined me. If he had ,he would of seen a twelve inch scar from the top of my spine down.But thank God,someone told me about the doctor I have now. He's wonderful. I'm sorry about the length but I had to let off a little steam when I saw how you were treated. The friends on this forum have been a great help to me. I'm glad you continue to come here. They really care about others.
   I hope your not needing surgery for anything serious. I'll keep you in my prayers.
   Hi Wizard, Cindi, Thomas ,Angelica,Lea,and everyone. I'm still here. Just sitting quietly reading most of the time due to being tired,not lack of concern. God Bless you all. I pray for everyone daily as I know your doing for me. I go to the oncologist tommorrow for some of my test results.  I'm sure their fine. i'll let you know what I find out.
    Goodnight and God Bless,
         Kerrie
I am so very sorry that you've had to endure, and continue to face, such pain and so many medical problems. I don't know how I would have made it if I were in your shoes. I admire you for your strength and resilience in the face of such suffering. But I'm glad you've found a doctor you can work constructively with. Good luck with that!
If the doctor I spoke of weren't a specialist whom I'll (hopefully!) never have to see again, I'd be out the door. Throughout my life I have had only four primary care doctors, and I dropped only one due to an attitude problem. I was having a terrible time sleeping & asked for some Ambien -- he grudgingly called in 7 tablets, but it was as though I shouldn't have them, or he was doing me a huge favor. I'm an adult & don't need that kind of **** from someone I'm paying to care for me.
Very best of luck with your health & healing -- Milo

[Cindi], I am sorry to hear about your cousin and the tornado. I am surprised I made it through all the typhoons and storms I've chased. Some people think storm chasers only like death and destruction just like most doctors think people asking for pain medication are all addicts to them. I just like the wind and rain, it's exciting.

My Psychiatrist had the nerve to call me an addict last week because I asked her to give me codeine because my GP was off-island. I told her I already knew I was an addict and she knew it for over two years so what's the big deal all of the sudden. She didn't want to do it and it was like pulling teeth to get two 30 mg tabs a day.

The GP'S changed now after an HMO change and the one I have now is finally great. He believes in keeping the patients functional and feeling as good as possible.

Just like you two [Milo and Kerri], when the pain is bad, all I want to do is take a sledge hammer and hammer the walls down. It can be unbearable and most doctors don't want the responsibility of answering to the feds so they refuse to issue any class-2 or higher drugs. It sucks.

I spent years drinking myself half to death to alleviate the pain somewhat. Luckily I have been sober over 1 1/2 years going on two this summer but I am an admitted addict and going to continue the pain meds as long as I can get them because as [Kerri] put it so nicely, we just want to live somewhat normal, comfortable, and productive lives. If we are in constant pain and hating the world for it, we can not do anything productive. I wish these doctors would see that. Good wishes to everyone. I hope [Milo] you find the right doc soon.
Thanks, wildcat. My primary physician has actually been pretty good about working with me on my various health issues -- so far. If worst ever comes to worst, I may go to a pain management specialist. But my problems are so minor compared to so many people's on this board, I hope I'll be able to stay away from the stronger stuff. I go back for an appointment soon, so we'll see.
Hi Yo'uns:

First to Milo and anyone else dealing with the self-righteous sub-human category of health "professional:"  Here is a site for chronic pain sufferers; it's a very impressive place and is a direct challenge to the abuses and excesses of the absurd "War on Drugs." Anyway, here it is:

http://www.widomaker.com/~skipb/panic.html

And as for Xanax. My sisterinlaw has been on .5 mg Xanax once a day (night) for five years. When she's tried to get off it, it's been a disaster. She goes absolutely nutz. The family fears for her sanity and for her life. Xanax is just not a drug to fool around with.

Prozac. I'm beginning to wonder if ANYone should be taking that stuff. It's do damn unpredictable. Look at the variety of experiences in just this thread. And to add mine: I took between forty and sixty mg prozac for at least six months, and just dropped it, stopped it, with no taper, no nothing. It did nothing for me. I might as well have been taking sugar pills. No effect of any kind.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth friends. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up.

Peace & Love,
Francoise
Thanks for the input..as always you are very informative and enlightening....I have to agree with you re: the effects of prozac and xanax,,,,,,nothing to mess around with..ok  well   I have to get my daughter ready for her dance recitals....tonight and tomorrow..hope everyone has a great evening     and ditto on the weekend.....love to all   cindi
did you try Imodium (immodium) or Lomotil for those runs. They usually work every time!

Thomas
Hi Kerrie, I've never quit praying for you dear and I'll pray extra hard for you tonight hoping your results come back favorable. The Wiz is sending some of his magic dust to you with a big fat hug! Good luck!
Power & Magick 2 U,
Peace and Light on you shoulders!
Wizard
Hey......Wiz, Kerri,JB, Cin.....& Thomas!  How's my favorite bunch?  And you too Brighty.....where are YOU?? LOL  
Wizard:  You are too funny, I always smile when I read your replies...(:  
KerrI:  I've been thinking about you lately.  I am on my way to a new doctor tomorrow.  I have to drive 75miles away.  I don't have any idea how this visit will go, but I am at peace, so that may be a good sign.  I haven't been worrying, which is unusual for me. LOL
Well, YALL......just wanted to let you know, I'm still alive,and Want to say Hello to my near and dear friends.....
You too Dee Dee.  (:
Talk at cha later!
Angelica
From everything I've read & heard, Xanax is the most difficult benzo to quit. A doctor in England who specializes in benzo withdrawal shifts patients over from Xanax, etc. to Valium because it's much easier to divide & taper. You can search for info about tapering schedules & such under the name C. Heather Ashton. Best of luck to your sister-in-law.
Right now I'm so damn mad at that highhanded nurse (?), I would concel my appointment except that this doctor is so good at what he does. I may mention my bad experience to him (apparently he was out of the office when I called.) What do you think? I just can't see how 20 vicodin in a month is abusive. Thoughts?
Blessings, Milo
....Have you heard the latest??  Purdue Pharma is being sued left and right, but from what I hear, this will have no affect on patients??? What do you think?.......
What meds do Perdue produce, and which ones are subject of the lawsuits? -- Milo
Hey Girl! Glad to see you around! :-) I was asking about you cause I hadn't seen you for awhile. You listen up, I'm gonna whip up some Wizard dust for you too LOL All will be well for the Angel you know! Bless you and I'll be praying for you as always! Have a peaceful night now.
Power & Magick 2 U,
luv,
Wiz
Milo:  Purdue Pharma is the manufacturer of Oxycontin.......  There in a hell of a mess right now.....  Actually through no fault of there own, if ya know what I mean.  They were doing what drug manufacturers do....Make drugs/medication...

Hey Wizard.......thank you for da dust! lmao  I need all I can get.....This little Angelica is on her last wing, here lately..lol  Thanks a bunch!
Love ya!
angelica (:

Hi Everyone,
   I wanted to thank you all for your prayers. I got good news and bad news today on my reports. The good news is ; None of the tests show any evidence of amyloidosis. The oncologist said he's never heard of anyone living over 6 years after the first diagnosis of Amyloidosis. He said the fact that I only had it in my bladder (urinary) was a miracle. I've been in remission 10 years. But I asked God to heal me when they found it. I believe He did. However, I have symptoms. Amyloid is not usually detectable until the organ it's in is destroyed. So that's the good news.
   Now the bad news. They found a mass in the top of my stomache. It wasn't seen when I had a scope about a month ago. So I have to have another scope and more tests and see yet another specialist. They also found some noduals in my right lung and I have to see a lung specialist for that on the 26th. So everytime I think I'm out of the woods I walk right into a forest. I'm not worried about the mass and nodules. Just worried about drinking that wonderful milkshake again. Yum!!!!!! Of course the fact that I'm going to have a waterhose shoved up me and a light shoved down me aint no thrill either. I've had more pictures made of the inside of me than I've ever had made of me on the outside.
   Thomas, I've had every type of med there is to treat diahrea. I had a lot of intestine removed first 10 years ago and then more 5 years ago. I think it has something to do with that. But the doctors say no, not to the degree that I have it. But thanks for trying.
   I'll let you all go now. thanks again for all your prayers. My daughter is still trying to convince me and herself there isn't a problem because she has prescriptions for her meds. But I'll keep trying.
     God Bless you all,
         Kerrie

It could be a confidentiality suit. Even if one person gossips
about another persons script to a friend and it somehow gets out, they can be sued bigtime. No one is supposd to have access to certain records so it's possible someone screwed up. Example:

I went to the pharmacy a few weeks ago and got my Ultram. The young Pharmacist intern holds the bottle up in the air and out as far as he could so everyone one in the pharmacy could see and said loudly, "did you know these are addictive. Do you think you are addicted to them?" I just answered my usual wisecracking way, "No, but I sure am addicted to Codiene and Klonopin!!!!ROFL He thought he was being such as smart ass that I would be embarrassed because so many people here know who I am. I could have sued them but I let it pass. Needless to say the next time I went to the pharmacy the real pharmacist apologized over and over and said that the young smarty was canned. He may have a hard time getting another job with a confidentiality breach like that. It is too easy for the plaintiff to win in those type of suit situations. The feds are extremely strict on confidentiality. That's one of the main things I learned at my new job so far.

Anyway enough babble, [Kerri] I am glad things turned out better than you thought they might but I hope you keep getting better. I will still keep you in my prayers and all the other suffering addicts out there.

As usual my prayers are with you...I have to make this brief  it is 5 am and i have to get to the center to open ....your diarrhea more than likely is hwat we refer to as "dumping" syndrome or short bowel syndrome the intestional surgery..hon  I hope you have a good day  I get off work at 11 am so i can jump back on later   love to all   cin
I sent that without signing off...I'm so sorry :-( I wanted to add that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers all day today Kerrie. You are a very special "Angel" to this world. God Love and protect you always.
Power & Magick 2 U,
Peace and the Light of our Lord on you and your family forever,
luv,
Wizard
Kerri, I awoke this morning to read your post on your results and I felt compelled to go to Mass this morning before work and to pray for you and your daughter. You've been through so much and continue to keep your head high and your faith strong. Such a lesson for those of us who in our discomfort think we can't see it through for another day. I would only hope that my daughters will have the same kind of inner strength and fortitude as you have. I am reminded of a quote by a lady that I have read lately. Her name is Connie Hunt and I have quoted her before. She said: HOPE IS INSTINCTIVE
                  DESPAIR IS LEARNED.

BEING
          BILLIONS OF PARTICLES DANCING FREE
         FLOWING AROUND EACH FLOWER AND TREE
          FORMING THE BORDERS WE PERCIEVE
         CREATING THE FORMS FOR WHICH WE GRIEVE.
          LIFE KNOWS NOT SUCH BOUNDARIES
                   DO NOT DESPAIR
           THE VITAL FORCE OF BEING IS EVERYWHERE.

Kerrie -- I wish you nothing but the best as you have these tests. I know what a miserable experience they can be...and I know you're worried about what they may find. My thoughts & good wishes are with you!
wildcat -- I had been going to the same pharmacy for years, getting my Klonopin & Paxil. The pharmacist knew me, I knew him. Well, one day in front of God and everybody, he announces that my doctor "wrote a script for a controlled substance and a non-controlled substance on the same form," so he "could refuse to fill them" but would graciously do it this time. How considerate of him! Well, that was my last trip to that pharmacy. The other pharmacies never seemed to care, and certainly never broadcast my medical history to the whole store!
Angelica -- I don't think we have talked before, but I know like me you are dealing w/chronic pain issues and the inevitable problems that go along with them. You have my best wishes in finding the right treatment (which to my mind includes respectful, dignified treatment!) I have an appointment with my doctor today, so we'll see how it goes.
Blessings to all -- Milo
Thanks everyone for your support. Your words are gracious and kind Wizard. I have to tell you, I don't feel so strongh all the time. But it's when I start to collapse from everything that God reminds me He is ever present with me. Yesterday,my husband and I got in the car to go to town and I felt the whole deal caving in on me,I turned on the radioand the song playing was "Stand Still and Let God Move". The tears began to roll and I was sure God would see me through yet another storm. Today when we went to town ,turned the radio on, the song" When Nothing But A Miracle Will Do". After we left the doctors office, got in the car,turned the radio on and the song playing was 'Even The Valley Is Higher Ground". I do believe God reaches out to me through music and songs because it is something I love. Needless to say, these songs will be added to my collection of songs I sing to praise God.
   I can't tell you how great it is to have people with more than enough problems of their own, take time to pray for me and help me. Thank You. My daughter is convinced that all her problems are from some terminal illness now. She's in so much need of help. I know she wants to be alright. She just can't except that she's an addict. Her doctor has increased her meds once again. She is so convincing. But the saddest part of all is she believes her own lies.
   On a lighter note. My sunburn is now peeling and itching. I really like having a pool but I wish there was an invention that would tell me when I'm starting to smoke. It's a good tension reliever. That is after my body reminded me I wasn't 10 anymore and a float was now more my stlye than water arobics. Someone told me that the water was easier to exercise in. Could be so for some but this is not true for me. I got cramps in my foot from just swimming across the pool. The kids had a good laugh but this woman was in pain !  But I'll try again tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
    God Bless You All,
            Kerrie
Milo:  Thank you so much.  We have something in common:  My appt was today also, and went very well.  LOL  I hope yours did too.  I haven't been up to date here lately, but whats your chronic pain problem, if you don't mind me asking?  Best wishes to you too!

Kerri:  You have the weight of the world on your shoulders.  Please hang in there......I'll pray for you.  God has a special place in heaven for you.  I can't help but think of the passage "and this too shall pass"  do you know that one?  I will post it for you.

Love

Angelica
Hi Angelica, I'm glad your appt. went well. Was this a new doctor (I seem to remember your other one was closing up shop?)
Also, I was horrified and outraged to read about your post-surgical "treatment". There's no excuse in the world for that.
My problem is tension headaches with the occasional migraine to keep things interresting. I was unsure for a while, but now I believe I have a doctor who truly cares about his patients. So far I've been able to manage with non-controlled substances. After reading the horror stories of withdrawal on this forum, I'm glad I haven't needed anything stronger!
Very best of luck to you with your pain management-- Milo
Hey there,,sister girlfriends.....just wanted to drop in and say hi...I am on cloud nine  counting down the days till I leave.....and I really wnat to do lunch with the both of you,,can you imagine what heaven will be like when we take em by storm someday?  LOL   love you ladies    cin
.....I heard, eating peanuts is very good for headaches...LOL  I don't know how true that is.  I suffer from sinusitus(on top of everything else!), and Headaches can make you want to end it all...lol   You just cannot function.  Best wishes, Milo.
Angelica
...Chill out, chick!....I hear you yelling through the screen. Lmao......I hope you have a great time.  Yall be careful,now.  LOL, and catch some rays for me too.
Love ya!
ANgelica
hey chickie,,,my homie..LOL  I am chillin   in the AC  having a blast.....more to come   love ya right back     cin
Kerrie -- I'll keep you in my prayers. You have such a positive attitude for having to deal with so much -- I admire that! My procedure went fine -- all over except the $$!
Angelica -- Peanuts, hm? I can handle that! :) You mentioned in a post somewhere that you don't fly. I used to be terrified of flying -- I'd have to practically knock myself out w/dramamine & Valium just to get on the plane. Now the fear is completely gone. I don't know why -- I didn't do anything special to try to overcome the fear -- it's just not there anymore. In fact, on my last flight, my friend was freaking out because the flight was so rough, and I realized I was completely calm. Weird, huh? Since anxiety is my biggest problem, I see this as a small sign of hope! - Milo
when I flew with some frequent flyers in my company, and we were climbing up through a thunderstorm at night, I watched their faces. When THEY looked worried, I started worrying ... I hate that helpless feeling ...
.....How ironic, we are speaking of flying on an addiction message board....lmao
Thomas: If I'm gonna make it to ole Cal., I just might have to get over my fear of flying, huh???? lol....I think I'll just leave a week early, and take a train....ha ha.  There
is always some way to get around it.  Oh, well....(:
Hi Family,
     I wanted to check in on everyone before retiring for the night. It's almost 1:00 am so I guess I should say morning. I appreciate all the prayers and kind words. I had to cancell my test on Thursday due to a virus. I didn't think that lovely shake they give you to drink before the x-rays , would stay where it was suppose to. I will be going Tuesday for that test and to see the lung doc. I'm sure it's nothing.
     I have to tell all of you, I just got through watching the new release " Pay Forward". It was great but I can hardly breathe now because I sobbed so much. Yes, I'm a crier. I cry over touching commercials ! But do have your hankie ready if you haven't seen it. As I was watching it, I thought how close it was to our forum family. One person reaches out to help one person and in turn many more are helped. That's all I can say without telling you about the plot. It is a good family movie.
     I want you all to know your in my prayers . There are so many in the family now that I address my messages to my friends so I don't leave anyone out. I so appreciate the words of encouragement not just for me but like I read from all of you to Skipper and a few others. God sure has put a lot of loving ,caring people right where they can be used and share His love and the power His love gives us all. God Bless each of you.
     God Bless Us All,
           Kerrie
XANEX is the devil,but it's also a miracle. I have been on it for almost 10 years and can say without a doubt that if I hadn't had my xanex at certain times,I would be dead by my own hand or I would be in jail now for killing someone else (namely ex-boyfriends). It allows me to get a grip when the world overwhelms me and I cannot get a grip on my own. but it's highly addictive and the kick is the WORST!  I'm lucky to have people around to take care of my crazy ass(is cussing allowed here?) so I haven't really had to deal with the cold, hard irredeemable facts of life and I sometimes wonder if I ever had to really be out there alone and take care of myself,could I do it? Could I do it without Xanex and other drugs?  I can't allow myself to think that for too long,or I get really anxious!
...Did you get my email??  ):
Hope you didn't forget about me??? lol   (:
Well anyway......Hello!!! HI !! Good evening!!! to my near & dear friend!!!!

Love always,

Angelica OO ooo <><  )))
http://dencity.com/ashtonpapers/

Bijou, check out this site. It's much easier and safer to get off benzos if you first switch to valium, because of its long half-life in the body. You don't experience the ups and downs that you do with Xanax or Ativan. "My most excellent friend" Milo (his official title until further notice) found all this research on the web for me. I faxed it to my doctor and he switched me to Valium, which I'm very, very slowly getting off of. Easier, safer, not a hint of a seizure or a fit of rage or any of that **** you get with Xanax. Xanax is the devil. But good ole cheap as dirt valium will help you get off of the stuff safely and painlessly. Check it out!

Thomas
whats the best thing i can do to not want xanax