Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
day 21

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

day 21

ups and downs...thats what the past 3 weeks has been. (well..the last 2 weeks I should say)..
the stomach and GI problems are still hanging on, I can cope with that...the sleep thing comes and goes, some nites I can get 5-6 hours, some only 3-4 hours, I still get "jumpy" at nite too, but I used more in the pm hours and I'm assuming thats why...energy comes and goes, so I take advantage of the bursts of energy I do get.
I guess this is how its gonna be for awhile, and while it bites the big one!, it sure is better than where I came from.
I wonder how long its gonna take....but I'll let you know.  the pain issue has been controllable with tylenoy or mainly motrin, its amazing how the pain has been manageable!
thanks to everyone here, you have given me the strength and knowledge to keep going day after day....
will keep you all posted.
and to all still in the physical hell....KEEP ON GOING!! IF i CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN!!
a few things I didnt mention...I am sneezing like crazy! I still get goosebumps a few times a day and still get night sweats...
can any one relate? please post back to me...
esp. longerdays, Imgettingclean and sickof pills....we're all kind of in the same boat right now....
Congrats on Day 21!  That is so great!  From what I am hearing, it takes our brain the longest to get back to normal.  My GI symptoms are improving, as is my appetite.  I'm sleeping ok.  I would say the anxiety is the worst.  I have days where it is not bad, and days that I am crying.  But I keep telling myself it DOES get better, might take awhile, but it will get better.  
Hey there, I cannot believe you brought up the sneezing issue! I thought that was some weird thing that only happened to me as I have not seen it mentioned on these posts. I am going through that also, usually 3 at a time every hour or so. I also cannot stop yawning and feel as though my body will not function, its as if my limbs physically will not work. However, thanks to those out there that care for us so much, I have been forcing myself to move around, even to the mailbox. I have been taking Benadryl, sorry if thats spelled incorrectly, it helps with the sneezing. Good luck and Congrats!
I forgot to mention the goosebumbs are also a huge issue with me, along with night sweats, insomnia, going stir crazy and not having the energy to leave the house. I am so glad you have come so far, I'm so proud. However, it scares me a little to know it still is that bad at day 21, I'm on day 4, and don't know how to keep going if there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I guess thats why I started using them in the first place, instant gratification. I would appreciate any advice you have on me making it to day 21. Hang in there, you are an inspiration.
Everybody's response to withdrawal runs a different course. hardtimes4all seems to be having a particularly rough physical withdrawal, judging by the many other reports I've read at this forum. That's just my perception.  I'm at day 15, and I'm still having some physical issues, but I'm so much better than I was a week ago. The difference is incomparable.  Time is your ally right now. Day four is typically in the midst of the roughest stretches for many people.  It WILL get better. Hang in there!
I am on day 13 off vics and day 7 off subutex. The w/d's didnt start really until day 1 off subutex and they were really bad and the days got better and by day 5 i felt about 50% of normal. I too have had the sneezing fits and goosebumps and no sleep really to speak of until last night where i think i got about 4-5 hours total sleep in intervals. I have used the amino acid protocol ALOT on the bottom right hand corner of this page and it has kept me sane. Just remember one day at a time and it gets better after the 4th or 5th day. Stay STRONG!
yes, I had a long term addiction (4.5 yrs.), so I expect the physical wd to take time.  day 15 was the turning point for me.....it was the day I could actually function completely all day (and sit down alot), but I "felt" different..better...
hang in there britt....although I still have these symptoms, they are not enough to bring me down completely, I feel sooo much better, and you will too.  hang in there, please report your progress and let us know how you are....this forum can keep you going and going and going......

feelingblew...congrats to you as well!!!
longerdays: KEEP ME POSTED WOULD YA?
Congrats to you on day 21,  I know the feeling, im on 12 days and I sneeze all the  time.  I just chalk it up to allergies however every time I detoxed I sneezed then too.  Today is a bad day for me, I hope you  have a better one.  We will all get through this.  Strength  in numbers.
Hi i am on day 11 and buckelled and decided on a 6 day course of suboxone. I have a 4yr old son that i need to look after and a family i am not willing to bourden with this again. I wont ask them to help me AGAIN. so i opted for a short course but the 2mg of suboxone they gave me today made me feel so much better so now im worried if this will make it start from day 1 again i could not handle that. I would rather just not go get my sub 2morrow. Do u have any advise about that for me please. should i do the short course to help me through or not bother?
Unfortunately taking the suboxone will only longer the process...i know what you mean exactly on burdening your family, just like i didnt want to again and also the fear.  If you can fight it, you will make through, just like we all could and will....btw im on day 8 completely off and im really starting to feel better already...you will be alright.  keep the strength inside burning to do this.
I am so pissed at myself for going on the sub i was day 11 with nothing ggggrrrrr idiot i ***** so bad because now that i have felt the relief........ I dont want to make this proccess longer no way. are u coming off the done and have u used the sub to get off previously? did it help at all? Its not humane the way we all must suffer to save ourselves ggggrrr
thats ok you did the 6 day sub thingee, too late now, dont look back!!
just more forward!!
do the 6 days and then take each day as it comes....
it will get better and better...
you have to find the strength to do whatever it takes, so when the 6 days are up, you'll do what it takes..
keep on posting and my thoughts are with you!