Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
day 5 off of oxy/hydro

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

day 5 off of oxy/hydro

Hello everyone. I'm on day 5 from 60mg oxy/hydro mix. Stopped the Valium Sunday, so day 3 CLEAN from all
mood-altering chemicals. I feel ok. Lack of sleep is the biggie for me at this point. I don't sleep until about 7am and then basically pass out from exhaustion, for an hour or so, then I start my day. I've been following pretty closely the Thomas Recipe, although I did stop the Valium early, because I'm an addict and didn't want to extend this W/D process. I think the amino acids have been helping, at least I can function somewhat during the day. I've been going to 2 meetings a day. Today I have to do some work which means using my brain and writing again...UGH! I'm still
pretty scrambled up so I need to pray and ask for help with this. Lots of water, LOTS of time in the bathroom, etc.
Thanks to ALL who post here. It's been a Godsend reading everyone else's experiences with detox and w/d's. It's helped to know that what I'm going through is what we all go through to get to the other side...back to life and living again. Even this temporary w/d pain is better than the hopelessness and daily misery of using. I'll keep updating as to how I'm doing as the days go by. Something I heard in an NA meeting, funny, but I can relate..."Die mother-****** die but don't use!"  NA is a trip! They LOVE the newbies...I mean they make it so easy to be there. Even though the f-bombs are flying, while I'm there I'm at peace and know I won't use just for today. I've met a couple of guys who have similar stories to my own...I didn't go to jail, or lose my house or car or kids, but I did lose myself.
I've calling people when I feel shaky, and praying a lot.
Tags: day 5
sounds like you're doing what you need to be doing. the most important thing, of course, is being strong. so proud of you. just know that we're all here for you! and good for you for attending meetings!!!