Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
day 6 or 7...depending on who u ask

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

day 6 or 7...depending on who u ask

My tracker says 6 days clean, I say 7, so I guess it is 6.5.  It doesn't really matter.  What matters is I am still clean.  I realized the cravings are what scared me the most and I discovered that they go away on their own in a matter of minutes.  Actually, it would take longer for a pill to kick in then for a craving to come and go.  I wish I would have realized this before, I could have saved myself from alot of mental anguish and relapses..... or maybe it was from all that mental anguish and relapses that I discovered this... who knows.
Tags: Vicodin, Day 6
Awesome job!!!!! I am right behind you starting Day 5 and I am scared as H*** about the mental cravings that always have made me cave.  Well not this time, this time I tell those cravings and those pills to F*** Off and it honestly makes them go away quickly and I feel better.

Hang tough, one day at time.
that's awesome!  Love that type of thinking!  I had never thought of that, but I can tell you that's going to be sticking with me and I really think that adding that to my thought process is really going to help.  thank you so much for sharing that. :o)
Great Stuff...

I find that as I'm in Australia my tracker is always a day behind as I can't entry data for the actual day it is here... Dam US database.. lol

Keep up the GREAT GREAT work... !!
Congrats on your day 7 I'm on the day with you.good luck
Congrats! Can't wait till I can say that too! :)

Good for you akitagurl!  And you've made an important point about the cravings - It takes about 15 minutes for one to subside, and depending on how you use your drug of choice, it can take up to 45 minutes for it to kick in.  

Keep it up, you're doing great!

Sandy ♦