Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
day four of hydro detox. and its hell.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

day four of hydro detox. and its hell.

im going through hell here. how many days till the worst is over.
Tags: Addiction
no i have a doctor that would prolong my addiction. so you guys, when does it start feeling better?
o-si-yo tsa-la-gi I am sorry to hear you are not well it takes time to kick sometimes days maybe 4-5-6 but it will be better takes longer and depending on how much you are taking of what and so on. But have heart it will go away go to some meetings as soon as you feel strong enough, and in the meantime hang in their it will get better. how much, how long, if you dont mind me asking...a-wakan
sort of a garbage truck. there was hydrocodone, usually norco, i could go through a bottle of 100 in 2-2.5 days. then there was soma and butalbital. but there was never a consistent amount. whatever i could get ahold of. of course when my prescriptions came up for refill i hog them all in a few days. ive been through detox a couple of times for this. but always in a hospital. and now im doing this cold turkey. a whole different story.
tsa-la-gi It will take some time away from it before you will feel right in your body and your head. Drugs bring on a kind of sickness that don't just get your body it works on your thoughts as well. The best thing you can do is keep on the road your on ( no drugs) and don't give in when it calls you back. This part is the hardest for any addict and that is why I think N.A. meetings are so good because it gives you a chance to be with like minded people who will support you in your decision to be clean. You may not feel up to going right now but when you do give them a try you will see it helps..In the meantime eat good if you can drink lots of water, gator aid if you can, hot baths,and keep on coming back here for support it is a good thing if you can not go to meetings. And tap into your spirituality the best support of all. It sounds like you took lots of drugs but we can all come back if we do not give up. so hang in their and I will say a prayer for you..tsi-lu-gi   tsa-la-gi...a-wakan          
Should be soon.  Hang in there, everyone is different.  Are you doing anything to combat the symptoms you are having?
no. i have motrin 800 im taking, plus im on prozac and two different anti seizure medications. i feel like i want to crawl out of my skin.
Do you have a doc you could ask for clonidine??? It is very helpful for that restless crawling out of your skin feeling... It lowers your BP a little and take away the hypertension that comes with the WD's...

4 days you are almost there....
It took my body about 4 to 5 days physically to detoxify.  I am on day 33 right now and I still deal with the psychological games hydro can play on you.  I was taking 25  325-10's a day until I finally had had enough and checked into treatment.  You should look to get some clonodine.  It would help you.  It sounds like you are through the worst of it.  The worst thing you could do is to start up again.  You will just have to through the hell all over again down the road.  God Bless!  Dad