Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
depersonalization

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

depersonalization

Wanting to know if anyone has had a problem with depersonalization, after coming off opiates. Never had this before.  
Hi Kim , depersonalization can be a frightening  and strange sensation . It will go away with time . I had it for a few months and now it's gone and it will be for you too ! Jimmy
I haven't but depersonalization is a sympton of anxiety and anxiety is really very common after coming off opiates... you might want to read this journal ... Good luck :)

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/11569/Derealization-and-Depersonalization-VERY-common-anxiety-effectsplease-read
I have not had that from WD.  However, when I was an early teen I experienced this.  I had an anxiety problem as well.  So I could see how that could happen with WD.  
I have had extreme anxiety through all of my 20 whole days sober (hey, it's a long time to me). I was having the "out of body" feeling the first 2 weeks, but I really think that was from anxiety and mostly the lack of sleep. I was pretty much a zombie until I finally got some sleep. I don't think you have anything to worry about because I think this will pass in time, but if it gets worse or continues for a long time you should talk to a doctor about it. You may need some sort of antidepressant or anti-anxiety meds. I was put on both after about a week of literally zero to one hour of sleep for every miserable 24 hours that passed. Stay strong and keep updating on your progress. If you get to feeling like your losing it, don't mess around and go to doctor or ER to be on the safe side. Good luck.