Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
depression after addiction to oxycontin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

depression after addiction to oxycontin

ive been clean 7 days..i was sniffing about 3 80mg oxycontin a day for about a year..i have a bad case of depression and i don't give a **** about anything anymore..nothing makes me happy and i am so close to making that call to get oc's..any1 know a good way to get through this depression cuz i feel if i go any longer it could get dangerous
Wow! 7 days!! Thats awesome!!! Depression probably will haunt you for a while, and it may get worse. Try the amino acid protocol on the health pages. It works. I've had depression pretty bad lately too after quitting cocaine. I couldnt afford everything, but I been taking a strong multivitamin with aminos, 5-htp, and L-tyrosine and it really does help. Gave me energy and everything. I'm pretty sure the 5-htp and L-tyrosine are for your mood, but you could check it out. Hope this helps.
Clinical depression is common in your situation. If you want to get through it and stay clean, these are my recommendations - don't use no matter what - period!... make sure you have a support system - call your sponsor when you feel like using, get a sponsor, go to meetings, surround yourself with people that have been clean/sober for a while and know how to help you. Medically, go to a good psychiatrist that is an addiction specialist and work with him/her - sometimes, you need meds for a while till your brain is functioning properly again and you can feel pleasure on your own - its all biology. Stick with the winners, hang with positive people that encourage you. Get some fresh air, exercise, go for a walk, help another human being, generally, get out of yourself.  Addicts are characteristically self-centered - helping others is a mainstay of anyone in long term sobriety. It helps one to have gratitude and humility, something addicts struggle with sometimes.  You can do this! Depression can be overcome.  Feelings are just feelings, they are not facts. Move forward - good luck! KEEP MOVING FORWARD!
Avatar n tn
You are used to the High feeling and feeling good all the time. When you quit opiates you no longer feel good, in fact you feel shi**y because you just put your body through detox. I am 6 or 7 days clean from Hydros and I can say I still wish I was high or in my case "relaxed & comfortable" Quitting opiates is no easy thing, you are all of a sudden stuck in reality. I would say just give it more time, let your body recover and take the vitamins if you can. It sucks I know!
Take care