Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
diazepam addiction

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

diazepam addiction

i have been taking 10mg diazepam of which i was buying from a friend for the past year and now i am so scared because they are not getting them anymore its my own fault becoz already done a detox with my GP but can i do the withdrawell on my own?
HI to answer your question no you cant its dangerous all benzo's need to be tapered off slowly you will need a doctors help to taper off slowly they can prescribe lower dose pills
so you can come off it slowly...THIS IS NOTHING TO MESS WITH IT CAN CAUSE SEIZURES please seek professional help....good luck and God bless.....Gnarly    
Do you have insurance?  If you do not have a doctor go to a urgent care or an ER to get help.  Take care.
well the bright side is that diazepam is generally the standard drug used for a benzo taper....but the bad part is this is something that needs lots of time to be done correctly and it also needs to be supervised.

is 10mg your daily dose? there are plenty of taper plans that you can look at online...but they require time and they really are just a point of reference. ultimately it should be something you do with your doctors help and supervision. the absolute worse case scenario would be to go cold turkey...second to that is to try to taper on your own without help from your doc. while its better than going cold turkey, its still not the most responsible method to use. there are standards for tapers but everyone is different and responsds different which is why a doctor is needed.
Yep dr says you have to taper of benzos, could cause seizures, I agree need to go to ERj and be up front and honest with them. I had to taper off ativan, halcion, but went cold turkey on vics and somas. They are nasty things to mess with getting off of. Be safe and be honest to ER or GP.
I know quiting cold turkey is VERY BAD!!!! When I was in rehab the people who were taking Benzo's were given some sort of Anti seizure medication at the Rehab. So either talk to your Doctor or call a Treatment Center ASAP ...Good Luck