Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
diet

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

diet

my daughter is currently in treatment for drug and alcohol abuse. she has heard that when she is released she needs to be careful of her diet. are there specific foods or vitamins that she should  adhere to when she is out? is there a particular diet that is good for recovery?  thank you for any help you can give me.
Avatar n tn
I am a recovering addict and I've been "clean and sober" now for a few years.  In treatment they warn you about the "H.A.L.T." syndrome.  It means don't get Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. If we go to meetings and share honestly and eat properly etc. we will be able to put together another 24 hours.  Try to let her work her own program though. She has to do this for herself. If she doesn't want it, recovery will not come to her.