Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
difference between Lortab and Vicodin?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

difference between Lortab and Vicodin?

Hey, after reading through and browsing (or "lurking" as you say), I was just curious.....  What's the difference between lortab and vicodin?  Are they the same drug, just different makers?  They're both hydro and tylenol, right?  Please set me staight if I'm wrong.  I've taken lortabs for a long time, but I don't ever think I've been prescribed Vicodin for anything.  Thanks for the info.
Same drug....both Hydrocodone w Tylenol.....I think Loritabs are 10 mg w 325 Tylenol
lortab vicodin bancap lorcet all the same hydro and tylenol
Thanks, Chrosty.  Just different manufacturers then, I guess.
Only difference is the manufacture.

Vicodin is made by Abbott Laboratories and can be found (first number = Hydrocodone):
5/500 - Vicodin
7.5/750 - Vicodin ES
10/660 - Vicodin HP
7.5/200 (ibuprofin) - Vicoproofen

Lortab is made by UCB Pharma
2.5/500 - Lortab
5/500 - Lortab
7.5/500 - Lortab
10/500 - Lortab
5/500 - Lortab ASA

Other:

10/750 - Maxidone
5/325 - Norco 5/325
7.5/325 - Norco 7.5/325
10/325 - Norco

There's also that comoplete range above in generic form - and there's also liquid forms, etc... - so, the only difference is whom makes it - as they both have different percentages of hydro/apap (and occassionally asprin).
Hi!  I'm trying!  I haven't had any lortabs in the house since last Sunday at 8:00 a.m.  I did have to take a couple of fiornals (from a friend who experiences chronic tension headaches and took mercy on me) over the weekend for some wicked headaches I had.....but no lortabs.  I noticed a difference though.  They helped with the pain but didn't give me the same feeling as the lortabs used to give me.  Anyway, it's kinda weird, but for as long as I was on those stupid lortabs (a LONG time), I didn't really really have any bad w/d symptoms when I stopped c/t....?  I don't know if I totally lucked out physically or if this is supposed to be a  major wake-up call or what.  I do still think about them and want one on occasion -- when I have a bad headache and just want to turn off the world for awhile -- and I don't know if that will ever go away, which I'm most afraid of.  I may be that way for life :-(  Ah well.  One day at a time....   Other than that, I'm doing ok.  Surgically-induced menopause totally sucks though.  Another reason I probably want a lortab.  Hard to accept this one.  Wish I wasn't trying to do everything at once.  I'm still on low-dose lorazepam for sleep but have dr. appt. on Wed. to come up with tapering off plan.  Say a prayer!  I really want to get off that stuff and be able to sleep ON MY OWN.  Congrats on your awesome continued success.  Do you still feel like you have to take it one day at a time or is it getting easier for you?  I'd love to know....  God, I'd love to have a lortab right now to help me unwind from this day and doze off.  I must have a really screwed up brain to not feel any physical symptoms but to have such a psychological thing going on.  Ugh.  Anyway, thanks for your note and I hope all is very well.  Glad to hear you had such a great weekend, too :-)
Thanks for the info.  I'm very familiar with all the dosages of lortabs, not as familiar with some of the others.  Thanks.
Hey girl, how are you doing?  Are you staying clean?
Keep me posted, ok?
Yoda
Very nice list....I also know 2 cough syrups with Hydrocodone

Tussinex w 5 mg per tsp (Teaspoon)

Histussin w same (I'm pretty sure)

i get cluster migranes (migraines) all the time and the only thing that works on taking the pain away is fioricet you should ask your dr about it
OMG YES! My husband has the worst migraines ever and he said that was the only thing that helped him and he was prescribed (60) OXYCODONE:20 mg and (90) Norco 10/325, still didnt take em away, but yea Fiorocet is great for menstral pains too, FYI