does anyone else do this???
i have been ct for 24 hours now, but my anger and rage kicks in...does anyone else go through that...i get so angry i lash out anywhere at anything, which landed my in handcuffs last friday, but i am trying to figure out, is it w/d, or something else in me. i have such cravings i will hit walls, bang my head, etc, of course, alcohol was intensifying it, now that i am not drinking i still experience the anger rage issue...can anyone relate
I can relate. My twin brother is an alcoholic (de-toxed 2x by IV) and an opiate addict for 15+ years. They just "graduated" him to roxys because the percs (13 years) don't touch anything. When I see him (which I admit, is as little as possible) ANYTHING can set him off. The "elephant in the room" that everyone ignores....until he explodes. I've been on the receiving end of a few punches, trust me. Booze+Dope=Bad, bad stuff man. I drank heavily while on roxys. How I survived is beyond comprehension, but I did.

Keep posting, plenty of people want to help. Just want to let you know, I know both sides of that coin, as the user and watching the user.....neither side is worth it.

Gary
I've been dealing with anger issues all my life, it was the way I was raised. i'm just now, being day 12 clean from morphine, starting to realize that the drugs/alcohol made it worse, even though I thought it made it better because i would just use everytime i started to get angry and then poof i was nice again. I remember about 1 1/2 weeks ago when i was going through physical wd's i was very angry. The anger was at myself but i took it out on everyone around me. Well, now i'm looking into going to a NA meeting. I've got to be able to live my life without being in anger at myself and taking it out on others and without drugs to "help". Have you been having anger issues for a long time or is this recent? Wd's will make you angry (moodswings), but if the issues are still there after you get clean then you need to address them. Keep going through with this, get clean, congrats on 1 day clean! You can do this!:)
thanks for responding, like Crys833 saaid i am angry 1 minute, then its gone, if i have someone to take it out on, unfortunately sometimes that includes myself. i wish someone could tell us, ok, 4 days of ct and all will be back to normal, but i know that isnt reality. i have NEVER had these issues before, but then again i havent given myself a sober chance to tell. when i got clean for 9 months, i was pregnant, had my baby to distract me,,,etc....now that life is life, anger arises fast amf furious....i never physically hurt anyone but myself, so like you said i think the anger is due to what i have done to my life....
i never noticed it until i saw a preview of intervention with a guy on opiates, i think it comes on this mon, anyway, my husband looked at me and said "that is you" i will do anything for the opiates, but now that i have decided ct, and to be done, i feel somewhat of an inner peace, like i am doing something right for once, but it still concerns me....thanks again
How are you doing today?