Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
does long term use of pain killers cause weight gain?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

so about 2 years ago my boyfriend and i started taking lortabs recreationally. Then it got out of control, we got addicted and started taking them all the time. I have currently not taken anything for 1 week. in the 2 years I was taking them i gained 50 pounds!! i wasn't eating more, but I wasn't going to the gym as much, but is part of it due to the lortabs? I know they constipate you, and you store the toxins, does anyone know? I also noticed since i stoppped taking them this week i lost 5 pounds.
Do you want to stop for good?
oh yeah.....this is probably my 4th time trying but the longest ive gone 8 days now