Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
does methadone thin your blood

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

does methadone thin your blood

i have had 6 back surgerys in the past.i was getting ready to have 3 more surgerys,1 on monday,they were going to have a discectomy and fusion,the following monday he was going theough my abdomen to place a cage around my spine,the following monday after that he was going to operate again on my back to reajust the hardware if need be.i have been on oxycodone 30mg,oxycontin 80mg,and xanex 1mg for a lot of years.one month my purse was stollen out of my car as i went in to the store to pay for gas,i was only gone abaout 60 seconds.i made a police report and went to the methadone clinic cause i had never went through withdrawls and i have heard horrifying storys about it.i got on the methadone for that month so i wouldnt get sick and when i went back to my pain management doctor the following month and told him what happened and he disscharged me because i didnt come to see him about what happened even thought there is a great big sign on the wall in the office in big red letters we do not replace stolen or lost meds,police report or not.so as i was looking for another doctor i had went ahead and had my blood work donr for surgery and my ptt levels were 4538 and should not be higher than 800.so i was wondering if the methadone had anything to do with the thining of my blood.thank you for taking the time to read my story.

jo
Tags: surgery
HI ......I would look into this b/4 surgery but its probably not the methadone....at least I never heard of methadone doing this b/4 google it and see if you get any hits do you take asprine ??? or any of the anti/ inflammatorys ? these would be more likely culprits but you need to resolve this b/4 surgery good luck and God bless......Gnarly...