Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
does rapid drug detox work?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

does rapid drug detox work?

I'm tapering, pretty successfully so far, but I will not be making that final jump for awhile now. Withdrawals are pretty awful, even when I went 33 hours without.

Does anyone know anything about rapid drug detox- the kind where they put you under anasthesia and detox the drug out of your system while asleep.

I get the feeling it is a scam and can't find much online about it.  I'm not concerned about the money, as they offer financing.  I think it might work in the fact that it shortens your withdrawal period. Their website said that suboxone was one of the most common drugs they've been getting people off of.

If anyone could shed some thoughts on this, that would be great. Does anyone know anyone who's done it? Or has anyone on here actually done it themselves?

I know most of you will say, "there's no magic bullet..." but I'm just looking for some info. Thanks.
It is  very expensive  (in the thousands) and in some cases have been deadly.I would look for other options
im not sure, but the afterr the 1st 7 days clean off oxys, i could see why one would consider it --- but i made it, and in hindsite, glad i didnt use that method..... good luck
Rapid detox is dangerous, has caused death in some instances and I have also heard of people being strapped to the table when they come out of the anesthesia because of the shock to the system.  I completed an accelerated detox - which lasted 8 days - for suboxone.  Opiates like hydrocodone are done in 3-4 days.  It was a much better experience than going cold turkey.  Been there, done that.  The accelerated detox costs between $4500 and $6000 - rapid detox is upwards of $10 - 15K.  If you are considering doing a medically assisted detox, I would not recommend the rapid detox.  Email me if you want more details on my experience.