Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
does the thomas recipe help?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

does the thomas recipe help?

we start tomorrow  the thomas reciepe we started out recreation use snorting percocets and now its up to 10 ..10/325 a day,not rec. but doing them just to survive. we joined med help because the withdrawls were to much!!! weve been using heavil 2gether for a year, ive been abusing the snorting percs for 4yrs my fiance for a year, are we in the right place for help and support for the withdrawls? weve tried to quit several times but cant make it thru the withdrawls! any advice for day 1 thru ....4ever?
Hey your in the right place. The good thing about this community is that there are members here in all stages of sobriety. I received great advice and what helped immensly was following others progress who were in the same stage of withdrawal I was in. Reaching out for help is a tremendous step for recovery

Withdrawals aren't easy, but it's not the end either. Look at it as a new beginning. The Thomas Recipe does help alleviate some symptoms, but your attitude plays a big role. Try to look at each day as a big step towards a higher goal and not focus too much on how much your hurting. There's help out there if you need it. Since there are two of you, support for each other will help also. Just be careful incase one of you has a weak moment; the temptation could bring both of you down.

Posting your progress here helps too. People will give you encouragement and feedback. If you haven't done so already, read through the pages here. There's a ton of imformation, sucess stories as well as relapses.
Thanks for the great info Steveo, we came across this site and we take it as a sign that were tired of the pill race that we no longer enjoy it and that we just do them to function.were tired of the withdrawlls waiting on our next hook up. were just sick and tired of being sick and tired.
We stayed on this page till 11pm reading wonderful input from people that were in the same situation were in. we just started our first dose of the thomas reciepe and are back on here reading the fourms,plus we both dont have to work this week..we know and we want to stay on this forum cause its tremendous support! and we need all the help we can get
Thankyou
Hey your welcome and I'm glad to see how motivated you guys are. That's what it really takes kick this thing to the curb. You're well on your way so just stick with it and if it helps just keep us up to date on your progress and people will be glad to help you along daily if you need it.

Take care
hey guys, really weird, thought me and my fiance were the only couple that was in this, Im getting ready to quit myself but cant get my fiance to jump on board yet. let me know how thin gs are going , im really interested in hearing. hopefully we can all kick this!! I made the first step by telling my dr and asking to have my dose cut. He is a nice guy but wish i would have never met him, he should have cut me off long ago and the addicted me didnt have the courage to do it for so long.Well good luck and Lord help us all!!
were on day 2 very very tired no energy, my fiance ,she is having a rough time,no energy we are sticking to the thomas recipe, from what weve read if we both dont quit and one does, they wont stay clean for long, so please get her on board with you
thomas recipe is a gift from God.. Just my opinion..

be blessed
thank you brotherfrankie.. we are sticking to it, day 6 very fatigued, tryed some of those lil energy shots like 5hr energy...didnt help at all,lol  only time will heal...good luck
Get yourself some coconut water it is all natural and it will boost your metabolism and give you energy. I used it throughout my w/d and it helped me greatly.---Rick
thanks we are on day 6, and still fatigued..were do you get that coconut water? we'll try anything natural for these withdrawls, my fiance has to go back to work tomorrow after taking a week off to detox, she very nervous about the fatigue part at work''thanks and god bless
You can get coconut water at any health food store like GNC etc; Some Walgreen's even carry it.
my wife and i did it. cant believe we actually freakin did it. had to take two weeks off from work but the nightmare her and i were living is,well u can never say its over but we made it through the first 14 days with this reciepe and im back to work. what a change we both feel. if u can get through the first 5-6 days it gets better. promise u. use this reciepe. it works. we were using 7-10 perc 30s a day. gotta have the will to do it. if u really want it, it can happen