dope sick
i have been taking perc 10/lorcet 10 for about 8 years and after i see just about everyone in my family inclouding my wift which she takes percs 5mg i had to quit.  this is going on day four being clean. i read some your guys comments. you all are very supportive of one another.  i just keep telling myself that if i just take one then i would have to go through hell again like the first two nights. can anyone please tell me how long do the dt's last? and maybe some more helpfull hints on beating this thing.i have been taking tylenol and sudefed and over the count sleepeng gels. i was just wondering if there is something else that i could do to make it easier?
Morning!

There are otc supplements that you can take that will ease the withdrawal process and you can find a lot of good information by going to the health pages at the top right of this page.

Aside from that, keep yourself mentally busy and try and exercise if you can--- a short walk will help with the aches, as crazy as that sounds.

You are almost out of woods and in a few days will be feeling physically better. Now to deal with the mental part of the addiction. I always suggest some form of aftercare. Whether it is meetings or counseling or both.

You have now learned how to GET clean...time to learn how to STAY clean.

Hang in there and listen to the advise here. There are a lot of good people here with good advise!!!
Your energy level might be low for a few months. Lack of energy is often the cause for relapse. Please be patient with yourself and don't expect too much too fast. Just know it will come back and hang in there.
Like IBK said, if you can get some exercising in, it will help a lot.