Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
drug add.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

drug add.

I have two neices that are currently strung out on heavy drugs.Intravenous etc. Her mother is at her end of thr rope. They told her ie. drug hotline to not let them back into her life. They suggested that they are going to die with or without her help..It is so hard for my sister.I feel helpless for her, but I also know that she is a enabler. I used to be codepedant. I had to remove myself totally away from the situation..what can i do to support my sister in her painful state? Linda VI
  • Craving (6 replies):
    when will it go away been clean 2 days before x-mas..my ...[more]
  • Madisonjsmom Husband (13 replies):
    How can I help my wife stop using pain killers? She is a...[more]
  • Saying goodbye (11 replies):
    I have been a contributing member for 4-months or so.At ...[more]
  • Been a minute (5 replies):
    About 2 weeks ago I joined this forum and have relapsed ...[more]
  • ???? (5 replies):
    Will medhelp remove a post if asked as I posted to fast ...[more]
There will be many on this forum that will provide intelligent and supportive advise for your question.  Please keep monitoring this post.

I can only suggest that both you and your sister become fully knowledgeable of your nieces' problem by reading a lot on this site and others.  Try to get inside the head of an addict.  You will know more about the problem, and find out what you should and should not do.  The major problem is, you and your sister cannot directly fight the demon of addiction, only your nieces can, and must want to. It is very frustrating.

My best to you.

Friend999
get her to an alanon meeting...she needs to learn how NOT to enable her daughter in order to help her.
HI,It seems that there is a family unit,therefore why not all parties form an Intervention.Maybe even with the aid of professionals that can due it properly with aminpatient re-hab being at the end.Best of luck john
I am 20 and before I wanted to help myself I had to want to.  I know its hard right now I still have plenty of people I love and know that are addicted and use because of it.  Being there for that person or people will be more than they could ask for.  Removing yourself is just putting a bandaid on the situation.  It sounds like you all are very close and I think you could work together and try and get a hold on the situation.