Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
drug interactions
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

drug interactions

I take 24mg suboxone daily.  Iam bi-polar and was prescribed pristiq and abilify, after i went on the suboxone, which i did not tell the doc i was on.  I took my first dose of the meds, the abilify and pristiq, (which i had been on before) and got deathly ill, for about 6 hours, then i felt drugged until the next day.  I have not tryed it again.  Iam only on the suboxone, but i want to get off of it, it has changed my life for the better, in every way, except the cost.  Iam spending $800 dollars a month on it, but i cannot afford that any longer, i really cannot now, at all.  I was on effexor and abilify before, and did quite well, but it did not work near as well as the suboxone, but it seems to be my only option left is to go back on it.  I just wondered why i got so sick when i took it with the suboxone, any ideas.

Thank You so much for any help.
Blank
When I seen your message I was shocked 24 mg of suboxone is alot of suboxone. the most I took was 8 mg and went down to 2 mg. probably depends on what drugs you were on. That seems to be alot of meds for a day.  I thought $200 dollars a month was alot for my suboxone. You should definitely talk to your docter.