Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
effects of cocaine on a unborn child and after

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I am a proud father of a three year old boy. When his mother was pregnant with him I was using cocaine heavily for about 2 to 3 months. She didnt know about it and she doesnt use drugs. I could see cocaine user effects in him such as gritting his teeth, and his head is always warm and sweaty. Is there anything I can do to help him. I havent used cocaine since he was born. I dont want him to suffer because of my dumb actions. he is very healthy and smart. please help my son.
Since you said he is healthy and smart maybe there is nothing to worry about. Although it's possible for cocaine to attach to the sperm it is very rare that it would do damage, but possible. Your the one that has to help your son, have you talked to a physician about this if your worried? The best thing you can do for him is to stay off this drug and give him all the love you can and teach him well. Congrats on staying clean, keep it that way. Good luck.