Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
electrical shock feeling?
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

electrical shock feeling?

i get a sensation of mild/medium electric shock all over my body, normally it is in the morning before i am completely awake.
it happens regularly, most days. anyone else get this? im guessing its anxiety? very unpleasant. :(

it stopped when i was doing lots of aminos but ive cut back on them recently and this nasty sensation has returned.

guess ill up the aminos a little.
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
222369_tn?1274478235
Yeah, I got it too. Mine was like pin pricks of electricity. It went away for me after a couple of weeks, but got better every day after day 5 or so...
Blank
225213_tn?1213738290
lots of us get that.  ive seen it posted here mny times.
Blank
im over 100 days completely clean?
Blank
239164_tn?1207266607
I've never had that specific problem.  I have had certain points on my body, though, that, if bumped or rubbed feel that way...particularly on the tops of my feet  Sorry I can't be more help.  It does sound like, though, at 100 days out maybe it's not w/d related?  Could be a nerve conduction problem?  

Blank
justlikeyou - you're seeing a chiro, right?  talk to him about it.  it may not have to do with your addiction at this point.

my chiro swears as we do more and more work, stuff moves around, and "old" pain and injuries flare-up. your body stores memories.  i'm sure your chiro can explain it better...
Blank
thats a very interesting point and i will follow that idea.it just feels right.

thankyou :)
Blank
you got it, bucko  (bucko???)  :-)
Blank
I get unpleasant shocks like you describe sometimes, and have been experiencing them for years.   I have noticed that I will get a round of them if I am decreasing an antidepressant or have forgotten to take a dosage of an antidepressant.   Also, I once tapered off paxil over a two month period and consistenlty felt those shocks.

My M.D. told me once that she thought it was because I was taking 60mg of the antiacid prevacid, instead of my normal 30 mg.

Not to ask your personal medication usage, but that may be something you could look at for the reason.   I know how unpleasant those feelings can be.  

Good luck.
Blank
I have been experiencing these shock feelings for a few years, they only seem to come on when i`m tired or so i thouht. Tonight i went into the garden and sat down and the shock went from from my bottom up through my back and into my head and made a very loud "fzzzing" sound in my brain!
They continued to fzzz as i moved around, I got a little panicky and decided to check the internet to see if I was`nt the only one going mad. It appears i`m not, what the hell is going on?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...