euphoric recall
Does anybody know or know where i can find the definition of euphoric recall?

thanks
Euphoric recall is when a recovering addict gets lost in the remembrance of past addictive behavior, recalling that behavior as ecstatic rather than insane.  In euphoric recall, we fail to remember the massively negative consequences of our behavior, which have brought us to recovery.

Hope that helps.
interesting.  never heard that term before.

Kove
Yes! The failure to remember the horrible negative consequences, especially the withdrawals. Amazing how our bodies quickly dampen those memories.

As a reminder of the pain and suffering, I thought about tattooing "dumb @ss" backwards on my forehead, but that would be bad for my career.

Ideas anyone?
david
I think that has been my biggest downfall over the years
ROFL paul....that really might work, but I can see the down side of it.
I am in that right now, more in that out. Guess cause I need the meds for pain and this constantly reminds me of when I was high I could just think "F it, so what if I have these ailments, I'm high as a kite". Now I have nowhere to escape except to reality of no pills  . Unfortunately, I am not far enough into my recovery to enjoy ANYTHING yet! Come to think of it, I didn't enjoy when I was taking opiates anyway. I always hated being stressed at the pharmacy wondering what the people were thinking of me, would my script go through on 25 days, and pill counting etc.

Tammy
I think we were made to put the pain aside and remeber the good..the euphoria...or a women would never bear child again!  LOL  negative aspects of thing  seem to fade...when i look back on my marriage/which was full of negatives/i tend to remember the positive.....after we quit narcotics or any addiction,,,with time we remember the good stuff and the negative things fade..that is why we relapse and need to keep up with our past addiction in a real sense...aftercare is crucial...right after people quit/me as well/ there is an excitement aspect to it/then we fall back into everyday life...and it is just not so "wonderful" to be drug free anymore...we forget the pain it caused us as we r programmed to do so just so we can survive life! serves us well to even write down the reasons we quit..or relive them in our minds from time to time...go back to that moment when u felt like a miserable loser...and stay there for a bit to remind urself it is not a happy place to bet
well put worried.