Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
exercise?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

exercise?

I have packed my gym bag and will work out on lunch for 30 min..day 2 will be tomorrow. Will this help? Also i have immodium, vitamins and gospel music on deck. This thing is  sooooo mental. Its on my mind all day everyday. I just want normal back. I wanna .be freeeee!! I wanba  enjoy life. Tired of being brokke. Tired of feeli ng depressed after my high wears off. Tired of lying. Tired of being lazy! God i want out! I worry abt.how life will be fun without them but i know thats the devil too. I have wasted 3 years of my life!!!!!!! Pls help me yall.
Thank you
Kas
You have everything you need to get this done; a great attitude, some supplements, good music & a desire to get moving.  Exercise is a big help as helps boost natural endorphins & grown new brain cells.

Remember to eat as well as you can afford, plenty of chicken, fish & fresh veges.  If you are not a fish eater, it's worth supplementing with 4grams of fish oil a day.

Go for it.
Thank u! Im trying but gosh this is hard.
You can do this, many people have.  I found day 1-3 kinda rough but I'm into Day 6 now.  I don't know what your coming off of but hot baths, gatorade (and other fluids if you wish), advil, Heating pad, tough mental attitude(this was hard for me at times) and the use of this forum is what helped me.  Keep up the fight and keep posting, people here are great and will help with advice and support whenever you need it.  You got this thing!  Good luck to you...K.J.
Rockbottom,did u work during ur wds? Curious
And i was up to 25 tabs per day...10s...last three days it was 5 per day..day 1 of 0
No I did not work, I took a week off of work because I knew I was in for a rough ride.  This is my 4th TIME detoxing CT.  Each time I tried the Wd's were worse than the time before so I kinda knew what I was in for.  I was taking 120mg/of oxy per day for two years and I did percosets for 6 years prior to that.  I had a brutal detox this time, day 1 - 3 was rough.  I don't mean to alarm you I just want to tell the truth about what I went through.  Remember everyone detoxes and withdraws differently.  You can do this, it seem like you have a positive attitude going in, just stay tough mentally and keep posting, this forum really helps.  You can ask me anything you want while I'm still logged on, I'm happy to help.  Good luck, You can do this.  I'll be pulling for you....K.J.
I forgot to ask, what it is your coming off of? (only if you wish to share).  Again, Good Luck...K.J.
HI....you sound like you got it together I like more contemporary Christian music myself but anything that glorify's God is good I truly think this is a spiritual battle we fight when we come off this stuff...there is a certain darkness we live in wile strung out ...exorcise will help out a lot the more the better....you usually have to start out slow due to low energy but you can do a little more each day....walmart carrys a whey protein shake mix its 15 buck for a 2lb can and I recommend it to everybody that detox's drink 2 a day its got vitamins as well as essential amnio acids in it along with the protein all of witch the brain needs to heal...it will also give your body what it needs for working out...it comes in several flavors the chocolate is good you just mix it with milk you sound like your doing good your attitude rocks and thats 2/3 of getting well
keep up the good work and keep posting good luck and may God bless you abundantly
......Gnarly
Sounds like you have a good plan in place so go for it!!  Each day will get better~~sara