Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
eyes slightly yellow in corners

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

eyes slightly yellow in corners

I have been a heavy drinker for 23 years with intermediate periods of non-drinking, I finally over the last 2 years have learned to enjoy alcohol with moderation a couple of beers a day special occasions 4 or 5, however I have noticed my eyes are gaining a yellow tint in the corners and some broken blood vessels.  Is it possible my heavy drinking of the past may have already done  damage to the liver and even my more moderate behaviour may be advancing towards liver disease?  does the liver recover from heavy drinking? if alcohol is lowered? or removed? I'm at a point where I could possibly stop completely.  I have seen many alcoholics with fully yellow eyes, mine are nowhere near that extent, just the corners and not as strong in colour by half, is this a warning I should be listening to?

Thanks and Seasons Greetings
hello and welcome to the forum. heavy drinking and drug use can certainly lead to liver disease. if you are noticing that symptom you need to schedule a physician appointment and have some liver function tests performed. the liver is capable of self repair short term. long term it can advance to cirrhosis, which is not treatable. i am not trying to scare you. i would suggest an appointment, checkup and certainly tell the physician of your past. my sister had this happen and never told the physician she drank. they did not know how to treat her or deal with it. listen to the warning my friend. stop now.
This happened to my dad way back I can remember and he had Liver problems . They said that it was a form of Jaundice? not sure about the spelling its early and im still tired! Anywho. I would deff go to the doc and let them do some tests to make sure that you are ok ! hang in there

Becca
Hey there
I would suggest if you can going to a doctor and having your liver enzymes checked. When the liver is damaged and cells die these enzymes rise in the blood.Jaundice is what makes peoples eyes and skin turn yellow from the livers inability to do its job.Even though this didn't happen overnight you may want to go to the er or the doctor on Mon. Until then aviod things that irritate the liver esp alcohol and tylenol products.