Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
fentanyl to methadone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

fentanyl to methadone

hello well iv been weend of the fentanyl i was on 300 milss of fentanyl every day i was stabalised with methadone after two weeks of being stabelised my pain in my back is becoming unreal again every morning the pain is so bad i just lay there in pain the thought of movin is unberable.But i find the strength from somewere get up and have the methadone whitch i leave in the kithen cubard to make me get up but that dosent seem to do the trik anyway this pain with out any medication would still be there and once im up after half hour it goes of me walking around as soon as i get up its gone it,s better as soon as i get up.now thinking about it this is the pain i got when i was in hospital so thats why thay put me so much pain med,s but all thay had to do was get me up.so now after two weeks of being on methadone iv desided to come of the stuff before i go to far and get adicted to that but my worry is my back what can it be has anyone ever had a bad bak thats so bad and painfull you cant move but when you do it,s ok?
Yes, I have suffered from back pain forever.  I have degenerative disc disease and I find the more I stay in bed the worse it gets.
You need to invest in a really good mattress.  It really helps.  Also physical therapy has helped my back tremendously.  I haven't been able to afford it lately but the exercises they gave me to do at home really help.
hello and welcome. how long have you been on meds? many times the pain can actually get worse the longer you are on opiates. have you tried alternate methods of pain management? as pat said, physical therapy,exercise,swimming is great,chiropractor,acupunture,massage therapy.  laying still makes it much worse. hope you feel better soon.
i think you have made a wise choice to come off the methadone, before it is too late, it is a very long and hard detox.
sending prayers,hope,comfort,
debbie
thank you for your replys i acidently over doesd last year I THINK im a recovering alcoholic my ex misis put hit out on me whitch caused a lot of stress and started me drinking again just so i could fight back when being ataked..yes its true i cant belive what im writing and that someone you think loves you actualy wants to destroy you anyway i drank a load of methadone I THINK last year whilst being drunk.i woke up luckly after 9 hours in terible pain and paralised i had compleate muscle break down i had far to much creatine in my blood as i was a bodybuilder the creatine got into my bloodstream and my liver and kidneys shut down thay couldent fillter that much of creatine.so thay put me on morphiean in hospital to cope with the pain of havin compleate muscle break down i thought.that wasent working baring in mind im flat on my back paralised at this point it was the same pain i get now its unbelivibly painfull but when i get up it goes but at the time i was in hospital i couldnet move so the pain got worse thay put me on fentanyl 200 mills then at the same time put me on a bed that moved up and down electricly at the same time thay put me on fentanyl so iv woke up with 200 mills on and the bed was in the upright position i wasent in pain anymore thay and me thought that was it we craked it but every moring the pain would still be there so thay toped my meds up with oxys and lyrica anyway as time went on i was more comfy in the upright position i moved around more thay let me home .i kept geting the pain in the mornings but thought nougthing of it but my body became dependant on the fentanyl if you look at some of my old posts youl see how much of a mess i was in it was awfull i was on 300 mills and the oxys and diazepam to help with the withdraws of it all that was every 24 hors i changed the patche,s i was on a hell of a lot.anyway i decided that was it i wanted my life back so it took me 6 months but i got threr in the end i went to rehab and was brought of the fentanyl whitch was great id allready stoped everything els before going in the fentanyl was so strong i dident notice coming of the outhers so now im on just 40 mills of methadone because of my fentanyl adiction (addiction) thay want to bring me down of that and go onto sebetex next anyway my back pain threw all this i now realise that there was no need to go on a single pain killer atoll all thay had to do was get me siting up and the pain would go so thank you doctors for my terible experiance with pain med,s when i dident need them anyway im still geting this terible pain in my back its exactly the same pain thay were trying to make better with pain meds i still got the pain when i was on pain meds it hasent gone iv had all this time i just need to find the strength every morning to get up and it goes im wondering what the pain is its got to be something that hapend when i fell or something the ambulance found me on the kitchen floor dead thay resurtated me just in time.anyway now that i no its not pain mneds i need iv asked to come of the methadone so thats all being done iv got the best materess money can bye it cost me 2500 pound it was hand made i also had a foam matress but i changed it for this new one that was the first thing i thought of so im still left after a year of hell that dident need to hapen atoll with this back trouble iv had a scan but thay couldent find anything im lost for words now all that and we dont no what the hell is rong every moring iv got this pain to look forward to and no one noes what it is im wondering if you gys would have any ideas that the doctor,s have missed as thay have missed it all this time.nice to meet you both speak soon happy reading
Hi-  You know what?  It really sounds like arthitis to me. It's very painful until you get moving around and that's what's happening with you!  It's the first thing that came to my mind.  

I'm glad you figured that out! This will be the beginning of a new life for you.
The Methadone taper needs to be nice and slow...I'm sure they know what to do.
thank you for saying that ill go down that root im going to get a back specialist tell him my story and tell him maybe we thinkm its athritis.i have youesd my back a lot in my life i allways youesd to youes the shuvel a lot at work when i did work then ther,s the body building on top of that.i was wondering if it had anything to do woth all the exctasy i youesd to take i herd a rhumer that it eat away at your spine years ago i heard that but it was a new drug then im going back 20 years how could thay no what it done it was new so everybody started rhumers but you never no it could of bin still im of to the doctor,s to get referd to the specialist iv got to get to the bottom of this ill keep you posted thanks x
hello thanks for your input iv just come of off fentanyl it was a long hard process but once i got into rehab thay stabelised me on methadone iv only been on methadone for coming up 3 weeks now and its only 40 mill.i was on 300 mills of fentanyl and i changing every 24 hour,s.as rgards exercise yes i do an awfull lot im a keen gym goer i do everthing i should im well clued up about my adictive side thats why i want to start to come down from the 40 mill now around the month stage that way its not in my bones to much i only have to of for 24 houre,s then im going straihgt onto sebetx whitch stops the efects of the methadone so realy its been a pleasant taper and change over realy i couldent go threw all that staying indoors sweating it out garented someone will want you for something whilst your being paranoid so you up the medication so you can deal with it lol i no the routean vwery well its not for me 4 days i was of the pasthe,s and on methadone then when the time comes 24 houres and ill be on sebetex then you taper them down much more pleasant way dont yoiu thionk instead of going threw ground hog hell every day i was in that hell for 1 hole year its not nice its hard to emagen with the right help the hole ordeal can be over with and life back with in a week if you look at wats hapend with me im well pleased i got out now i can smile without the cold sweats i can eat without over heating i can answer the phone pay bills do anything its great.