Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
fentanyl withdrawl(withdrawal) 7 days off patch still very weak is this...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

fentanyl withdrawl(withdrawal) 7 days off patch still very weak is this normal

HI,
I was on the fentanyl patch for chronic pain. Had hard time with it. Fisrst not sticking and finding the right dose. worked for maybe 30 days applying 75mg every 48 hours. then started to feel bad sweats, anxious and numbness at about 36 hours. Went off 7 days ago. Was bad but livable. Now I can't seem to get my energy back, is this normal. I am weak and feel almost like am not capable of moving or doing anything. Is this my brain just trying to get back to normal. Please help...should I go to md. for this or wait it out.
Thanks..

New pain management plan...lidocaine patches and celebrex....my choice to be off narcotics.
Welcome, and to answer your question, yes, lack of energy is very normal. Give it time, your levels will return. You haven't been on them long, so you shouldn't have too long to wait for it.
You can take supplements to improve your energy.
Congratulations!!  Smart move getting off those patches! Don't let the lethargy get to you - do whatever necessary to keep your spirits up while you're physically down and out...  If you need more information post a question with the name LadySundown in the title; she was on patches a long time and is currently tapering very successfully (and she's a great person for any related advice!)   All the best!        Nefesh
I also have come patch 5 100 every to days and 1200mg oxy Its tough you may need some real medical help there is some things a Doc can give you non-opioid so check with Doc is my advice and many great tips on this site for herbal remedies coming off fentanyl can be dangers!!
My pain doc put me on fentanyl patches. First percoset then patches. I thought it would be great no pills change every 3 days. I had really no idea it would be so hard to detox. I actually went for a mile walk, cleaned the house up and made dinner. It was a big push but life is passing me by and I hate not being a part of it.

I decided not to taper I was all ready sick when I started my detox because the patches didn't work. I went from 75 to 25 to 0 in 2 days. Plus quit taking the percs with on friday.

I am not sure what to do from here. I am going to do everything I can to avod sugery. yoga, walking, lose 30 lbs. hopefully that will make it better. For now it is lidocaine patches and celebrex.

By the way it is rare if not impossible to die from opiate withdrawl (withdrawal). Overdose yes, withdrawl (withdrawal) no...it feels like it though.

Thank you for all your help.
Thanks nefresh for the wonderful reference.

I started on fentanyl 100mcg/hr and changed every three days. I am lucky and have had no problem with them sticking. I wear them on my upper back. Since they're opiates, they're mean and don't want to let you go.

I have gone from the 100mcg to 37mcg (one 25mch and one 25) It's getting near time for another cut to just the 20mcg patch. Tapering off is slow and it's my opinion that fentanyl is dangerous. I have researched it endlessly looking for something good. It's good to hear you want off of them.

The other way is to go on methadone for two weeks and remove the patches immediately. I'm afraid to do that but every one's different.

I wish you the best and please let me know how you're doing. I don't find many people on fentanyl on here so I don't post much.

Good Luck,
LS
lack of energy is a big part of the the w/d deal close to 4mnths and still no energy
HI I just found ths site and dont know if anyone will read this nut here  i go anyway...i need a bit of encouragement for a bit...i have been on the fentanyl patch for 3 years and August of 2009 i began my tapering....i was on 125 mcg/hr. now i am down to only 12 mcg'hr and its the beginning of JUne 2010...anyway i have really noticed as i get lower these last few doses that  going through withdrawal symptoms such as feeling achy everywhere and i am having so much trouble with sleeping now matter how many herbal stuff i take for sleep....got he sweats and chills off and on too....does anyone know roughly how long this will go on for? its been only 3 days at this amount...any advice of herbal things that will help me get through this would be great....especially the achiness..i really dont want to take advil or anything like that ...are there any other safe alternatives? Thanks so much!!!
Hello chemmonster - I saw your post from a few years back now, and am wondering if/when you started feeling more energy. The last post I saw from you, was 4 months after the last patch. That's where I'm at now, 4 months, still completely exhausted just about all the time, feeling lousy. Able to do things only by enormous exertion of willpower. Please offer hope! -- Thanks -