Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
finding the right meeting

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

finding the right meeting

I am having trouble find "my home meeting" I go to meetings, have only been to one place, but I am looking for another place. The one I go to is convient and I do get help, but only in listening. It's so big not time for every one. If you've been to a big meeting you know. Thats why I am looking on-line. I started out-patient group and it's required for me to go twice a week no problem. although I work nights and a lot of OT on second shift. Not a lot of options left even meetings in my town are in daytime not til noon most days, and in the evenings I had a list and tried to go to a womens group this evening, no one was there. I also am limited by where I work. a substance abuse treatment center and the clients go to meetings in the evening. I don't feel I should go, due to clients feeling they need to hold back. I am looking for meetings in Indiana, wayne county area early in am
Thanks!! I am doing that now.
NA has a website that locates meetings.