Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
focalin abuse

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

focalin abuse

I have been snorting focalin for 7 months, I recently dumped my pills & went through 6 days of withdrawl (withdrawal) only to pick it back up again today. My husband is not into any sort of drugs whatsoever. I need advice on other abusers should I ween off? Also has anyone here ever gone from abusing it to taking it correctly again? I feel like scum. I appreciate your responses.
not sure what focalin is but if your putting it up your nose it can't be good as for doin it right the next time i don't think so you quit for 6 days and started again that should tell you something what are you taking it for anyway dont feel bad about yourself sometimes it takes 3,4,maybe10 times befor we can get it right but if you are serious about getting clean then you have come to the right place lots of great people and support and advice keep tryin and again don't be to hard on yourself we have all been there or we wouldnt be here!
Avatar n tn
i am also snorting focalin..i dont know what to do.....i was actually hoping someone on here could help me out. do you think if u figure it out u could help me??
what is focalin?
Hey zanyangel,
I am an addict. I am 20 years old. I've been railing lines for 1 year and 7 months now.. but for the past year and 6 months, its been an almost every day thing, except when I'm out of pills. I want you to know this.. You need to quit. Like, now. Please. Just trust me. I now see a substance abuse counselor, I had to go through a drug evaluation when I first started seeing her, I scored to having a high substance abuse problem. My addiction? Focalin, instant release. I always told myself I wouldn't get hooked; now I'm honestly sitting here today, typing this to you..and I'm lucky that I'm still alive. I don't know how many lines you do a day or if you snort them daily, but I was an every day and every night user.. Doing anywhere from 1-24 10mg lines a day. There are honestly moments and days that I remember, well sort of remember, where I'm shocked my heart didn't explode or overdose, etc. I have been clean from lines since January 24th 2016, I know that isn't very long.. But it is for me. I haven't gone this long without snorting a line since late September 2014..I now take my medication as prescribed, to be honest, I have my mother keep my script bottles and she gives me my pills every day at the same times every day, it makes me feel like I'm a little kid which *****, but I know that if I was in control of the scripts, I would still be doing lines every chance I got. I need you to do something for me.. But more importantly, do it for yourself... I need you to get help, because you can't fight this battle alone. Even if it's reaching out to me, I'll do whatever I can to help you, in any way I can. Just take it from me..Get help now, before it's too late. Focalin is one of the most addictive prescription pills, and the rate of relapse is so high because of how potent the drug is and how us addicts constantly want to feel that high that it gives us. Focalin isn't worth dying for. I'm here if you need anything, my name is Mac.. In case you ever need me. I hope you beat this addiction too zanyangel. It's hard, but I already see so many positive changes that made me realize why I never want to relapse.