Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
forging prescriptions

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

forging prescriptions

Dear Readers,
i have been addicted to vicodin for 4-5 years, taking 12-14 daily which started from a herniated disc and scoliosis. I was arrested at work on Tuesday when the DEA was called after i was caught forging prescriptions. My employer had pity on me and was arressted at work but not taken to jail. Well not yet, I will be issued a warrant and will have to turn myself in. While being questioned by the DEA I also found out that my husband was writting additional Rx's without me knowing. The DEA followed me back to my house and took remainig Rx pad that i admitted to having. I was advised to not tell my husband and to leave for work on Wed as normal and they would be by to queston him. On Wed, SWAT team surrounded our house and took my husband in for questioning. while there he was told he had a civil warrant on a $400.00 outstanding loan and was arrested on that charge. We have now lost both of our jobs and have no incoming money. I have never done anything in my life to be in trouble and am living a nightmare. I new it was wrong and would never go and fill presriptions, my husband would fill or buy off the streets. No excuse for my participation, i know im the one who brought them home to begin with. I am a mom of two (ages 8 and 17). I went to work and took care of my house and my family, i am so ashamed and confused. My husband an i both have doctors who prescribed 120 a month each but those would last less than week This addiction has ruined my life, i have no job, will probaly lose my RMA liscense, have no incoming money and possibly am facing jail time, my daughter is ashamed to go to school and I AM going through wihtdrawl. I have not taken a pill in 36 hours. I have a few here but refuse to take.I have a family member checking into lawyer, she is a paralegal,  but i have no money. What money is left will only cover this months bills. If there is anyone who has any advise it would be greatly appreciated. Having this cite to read other people struggling has helped me cope a little better. I am trying to stay strong....
Wow that ***** , over reaction a little swat team ?, here in this country you would just get slapped, ok best thing i can offer advice is go onto Suboxone to stablise you to get through this period, ask your GP. You can then deal with life better and court etc. and if your on Suboxone it would look good your stable and compliant......Goodluck :(
Gina,

Being strong no matter what happens is what's going to get you through.  Being strong will be observed by the judge, your lawyer, the DA, neighbors, etc.  Hold your head up and keep it up...you messed up...now get on with it.  Absolutely, under any circumstances, do not doubt yourself, lets others do it for you or put you in some stereotyped role...if they try to, ignore them.  I guarantee there will always be a job, a new future, etc...

Others have stated some obvious things you can do; get clean and stay clean, outpatient treatment, NA, advisors, counseling and I would add exercise and nutrition.  You'll be under stress so the exercise and nutrition will help quite a bit.

Take Care,

Guy