Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
freakin out here. red flagged

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

freakin out here. red flagged

As I've read thru some posts on the topic. I couldn't help feel there wasn't a lotta cold honesty. If you want help. Be honest. Here I go.

First my question. How long before I'm hauled away? Yes I'm that scared.

Been fighting this roller coaster longer than I can remember. As I've shared. I went CT last weekend. Broke down Tues. Got a new script from my pain management Dr. This one consisted of half the normal fill plus methadone.  Used a few norcos to keep wd's away. Its been great. I'm functioning and breaking this nasty demon. Haven't touched methadone. First pharmacy didn't have norco. Next pharmacy won't fill cuz I've been listed or flagged on some system here in Cali. Panic. I don't have ins. So went to ma and pop pharmacy that knows me and my Dr well. Use to be cheapest. Always went. Then found a CVS that was half the price. Another CVS was double. Anyhow. Get it filled but in panic mode now. Why? Well. Like most.  Middle class employed mom in pain. Here's the deal. Dr shopping. Yes I have a past this last year. When that pharmacist read off all drs that wrote me a script this year I was shocked. 2 pages she had. First. Half the names were PA's in my spinal care center. High turn around. That I'm not worried about. What scares me are the others. Er visits. We've all been there. A few dentists. That was legit I needed antibiotics but wasn't gonna turn down the pain meds. Most terrifying. My former employer. Yup I work in the medical field. Small office. Paper charts. My Co worker called in a script. A few others signed the refill faxes for me. This stopped almost a year ago. Fear is. I left that job on bad terms. Unrelated. But the Dr blames me for almost loosing her practice. After I left due to verbal and emotional abuse. The other 2 employees left. She went to er for chest pain. Lost pts. Cuz she didn't know how to run her office.  Now flash forward 10would months. I'm flagged in some Cali drug system. If they contact my former employer. As a prescribing Dr. She will know. I never personally picked up any of the scripts. Nor sign them. Maybe 1.

What's the process after being in this system? Just ***** cuz I'm finally getting the old me back. Wrestled all morning with my bf. Went out to lunch. Ran errands. Normally a weekend was me laying on the couch for 2you days while my bf did everything. Then dreading work come Monday. These lil yellow pills that once gave energy. Now sucked all life from me. Here I am finally feeling normal and my life may be taken away.
Hi there! Calm down some,,I know its hard. Youre in that "panicky" feeling mode of withdrawal where you feel that sense of impending doom. I can gaurentee that right now at this moment these pharmacists are dealing with other customers and issues,,they are all not hovered around conspiring against you. I dont know why they would contact your former employer,,how would they know where you worked ( maybe Im missing something here). When your "flagged" that just it,,your flagged,,where I live it just means that some pharmacies will refuse to fill your script,,I dont know of anyone having been turned in,,,just means you cant get a script filled. ( Im not sure of the California laws though). Keep focusing on your sobriety. You are doing well. Focus on that feeling of "the old you",,,I dont feel that your life is gonna come crashing down on you. There are literally thousands and thousands of people that are "red flagged". Try and calm down some,,,the impending doom feeling will pass. Hang in there~Bkitty
I have a question are you still taking norco?
You post a difficult question. But, I know that someone will come along that can help. Those of us who've been abusing meds for years (I've been at it for well over ten) have done things that may or may not ever catch up to us. Along with this site, you could also seek some legal advice. Doing so may get a few of your questions answered, and maybe lessen some of the concern.
My fear is. This red flag deal. If they contact all prescribing drs. My former employer will be amongst those drs. If she wants to press or pursue charges. Yes I was a pt in the office. But it wasn't her calling them in. It was me. Thru my Co workers.  That's why the panic. I've already decided I'm done. Never to go back to pain management and start enjoying what life I've gotten back. I loved today. I want more :) every time I hear my teen age Neighbor come home o fear its the cops.
Also the panic really set in when reading posts here thru a search on the topic. People talked about being flagged and how the pharmacy contacted all prescribing drs about the death flag. This pharmacy flat out said they can't fill due to dea system refusing them to fill due to the amount of drs I've gotten scripts from. Guess mom and pop pharmacy doesn't use that system. Cuz they filled it. I don't know what this system is. The process or where I'm headed. Feel like my world is falling apart now that I'm getting my life back. Why? Cuz I couldn't go more than 3 days cold turkey and went in for that one last script. I keep telling myself that even though I was denied my fill there. They gave me back my script to take elsewhere.
Hmmm,,Im not quite sure how to answer this. In your state if you are red flagged by a pharmacy do they contact all the doctors that prescribed you pills? You had legit scripts except for the one,,and that was a year ago right? You are not done,,cooked. That feeling will pass,,,I promise. You need to rest and get a good night sleep tonite so you can be more rational. What's done is done and you are not the first to do this. Is it possible to lawyer up just in case? Be proactive. Dont worry about this tonight,,right now or it will eat you up and then the cravings will follow. Enjoy how you felt today. I know its easier said than done,,,You are going to be OK. Its a terrible feeling I know all to well. I work in the medical field as well and man the paranoia I had that I was gonna be "found out" drove me crazy and I had a massive panic attack,,,turns out it was all in my head. Rest. snuggle with your man and watch a movie. ~Bkitty
A lot of the world wide pharmacies have a computer system that triggers when a person is red flagged. Doesnt mean they are gonna contact all your docs,,,they simply will refuse to fill your script from what I know. I know Walgreens,,CVS,,and Wal-mart are nationwide and the computer system picks it up. Thats all.
Ricart70.  Yes I'm on a tapering regiment. I was on a 10 pill a day (10/325) habit. I took one at 7am today and after wrestling laughing and enjoying life. I looked at the clock to see how long we had before post office closed. It dawned on me it was near 2pm and I didn't need a pill. I'd have been on pill #5 normally and trying to find a way to convince my bf to do the errands alone.  I chose a taper method due to CT wd's from a 10/day habit was not an option. I was unfunctional. I've done the wd's from 1 pill a day for a week. To none. That my body allows. I love the old me. Which is what keeps me from bumping up. Nothing good ever came from it. Now I have this gut wrenching knot.  Thinking everyone will know my dirty lil secret if this pharmacy or the death notifies all prescribing drs and my former employer says 'i never wrote those. But she did work here'
i think you will be ok as far as the legal stuff goes.my aunt was red flagged so much it was practically on her license plate and she never got contacted
first off, you say you're getting off the pills but then said that you went and actually got it filled and then used some of the pills to ward off some of the WD symptoms. are you getting off the pills?

then, you mentioned something about how you don't feel as though there's a whole lot of truth. could you explain a little more than that? i only ask these two questions so that i can understand a little more where you're coming from.

about the whole pharmacy deal... i'm not going to sit here and sugarcoat it for anyone:  they're going to call each and every one of your doctors that you've seen, been referred to and/or received a prescription from over the past 18 months. this is protocol, unfortunately. however, it's the law now in 40 something states because of the PMP [prescription monitoring program] that they've pulled into effect over the past 24 months now, if not longer. there has been too much of a rise in people abusing prescription drugs, especially opiates - so this is their way of informing doctors that it HAS been going on in their practice, and one or more of their patients HAS been abusing the pills, to the point where said patient is bringing in scripts from several different doctors to different pharmacies.

the only reason i know this information is because i was in pharma school [to become a pharmacist] for a year and a half, but was employed as a certified pharmacy technician for nine years. i literally just left my job a few months ago when i started my own business. but yes, they are going to call everyone on that list - including all the other pharmacies that you have been using. even the ma and pop one.

i hope you don't take offense to my post, but i know what it's like to want a straight forward answer, and people sugar coat it for me instead. not saying that anyone above has sugar coated anything - in fact i didn't even read the other posts. i just wanted to let you know what i know.
but like ricart said:  i am not sure about the legal aspect of everything. i'm pretty sure you're going to be okay. but if you plan to continue your pill use like you mentioned a little bit in your post - you can be sure that the pharmacies you've been going to, even the smaller ones, are not going to take care of you anymore. either that, or they lose their licenses.
I had NO idea,,thanks for that info! It was very helpful. Ms Sally try and remain calm,,I know its hard. Hopefully you are on the path to recovery and its sooo worth it in the end~Bkitty
no problem!! but mssally:  please stay calm about all of this. the whole legal aspect of what you're going through isn't going to go anywhere. i cannot promise you that, but could you imagine what it would be like for the "men and women of the medical field" to prosecute each and every one of their patients that have actually gone off and done this? as we all know, you're NOT the only one that has had to travel this road.

hugs to you, kisses too! keep posting!
Bkitty. You're right. Making popcorn and enjoying my night. Scared though cuz this wasn't Walgreens or CVS.  It was an independently owned pharmacy that my former employer refers a lot of pts to. Since the are cheapest and compound.
mssally i just thought of this...there is a user,  mymayberry  who is a current pharmacy worker and an absolute whiz at this sort of thing you could contact him if you want
@the addict  great job on your large amount of clean days.i had 2.5 yrs but relapsed forr a yr and now hav  126 days   way to go
okay, so i took it upon myself to read through all the posts on here like i should have in the first place. you posted on here the other day that you weren't going to get this script filled, correct? but you're telling us now that you actually did go and get it? correct me if i am wrong, only trying to follow this correctly, is all. <333

if the people in your old office were NOT the ones who called in the scripts that you're talking about, but instead, it was you... i would advise you to seek some sort of legal advice when you're able to this week, if at all. we had a gentlemen at my old work [not a CVS or walgreens either] that did the same thing. when he came in to drop off his script, the pharmacist made a phone call and that was that. he was taken out in handcuffs when he came back to pick the script up 30 minutes later. he didn't stay in jail - but he had to face a judge and admit to what he had done. not only that, but it was mandatory that he get checked into a rehabilitation center for his addiction and what not.

i hope this helps.
thank you! i really admire your sense of humor on some of these posts. like above.... saying your family member was red-flagged so much it was on her license, LMFAO!
your welcome       friendo
oops i meant to the addict    youwelcome       friendo
i feel the love, no worries.
Wow~ If that Thread don't make you think twice for putting another pill in your mouth...just saying
To theaddict. When I mentioned truth. I referred to posts on here. I searched dea red flags. Before posting.  I felt a lot of old posts covered the topic (most in 07) but felt the posters wanted answers. Yet weren't honest. Didn't feel I got answers. Things like 'my friend stole a pad.....'  I regarding filling the script. Yes. I tried cold turkey. Missed work. Wd's weren't getting better. Went to Dr. Came clean. Started a tapering process I'm happy with. Even tapering more than expected. Feel good. I knew nothing about this red flag deal until I came clean and filled that last script. Had I not gone to that pharmacy I never would've known. I don't plan on filling any more scripts. I'm mentally getting there. I didn't panic I was given less meds. I don't count the bottle. Why? Cuz I know what I'm doing is working for me. I told my bf last weekend as well. I'm no longer doing this alone. I'm accountable to not only myself but my bf and Dr. Coming clean was the best thing. My bf helps me get thru this mentally. Our relationship is something it hasn't been since first dating. I get where your going with still using. I am still keeping nasty cold turkey wd's away. But to lay in bed at night laughing. Cuddling. Knowing I'm sleeping after a day of now 3 pills.  Well that keeps me craving more days like this. I'm no longer chasing a high. My pain. Well with stretches. Exercise. Well its improved.
I wanted to be totally honest on what I've done cuz I need honest answers. Posts on the search database I felt didn't help my question due to feeling the original poster wasn't being honest in their question or addiction.  I didn't want to ask something if its been answered 100 times before. So I searched first :)

I'm not proud of going to the er when I ran short. Without insurance I couldn't afford the several grand in dental bills. I did use maybe 31 different dentists in the last year. Not for pills but antibiotics. The addict in me filled the pain meds too. I'm ashamed of what is Dr shopping in all aspects. These last few days felt great. Honestly when I take a pill I feel gross. Which is why tapering is working for me. I don't feel incapacitating wd's. But I'm not getting high from my dosing.  I don't say 'that last pill didn't kick in. I need another'  I'm not counting pills wondering when I'll run out. Like now. My last pill did nothing for energy. Happiness. Normally I'd be taking another. But ya know what. No reason to. I'm not physically miserable. A lil headache. But my head is clear. I don't take on a schedule. Rather challenge myself to go longer between taper doses. Changing my mental process of thinking. Realizing I'm happy and more and more time passes with giggles and fun and not thinking 'omg was that my 5th or 6th pill this morning'
Real quick to the addict. Given what I did to get scripts while working for a Dr and having Co workers call or FAX back refills. You think now a year later I can be facing jail?  The fear of cops at my door is overwhelming :(
I can promise that it was Co workers that helped. Like I said. I think I signed 1 FAX for refill. I was scared. I would tell them I couldn't afford my Dr visit. They knew I was a recently divorced struggling mom and a cash trip to my Dr was a struggle. They did it cuz they thought they were helping in a good way. Not cuz o needed something cuz I ran short again. Even worse. Those scripts I sent my neighbor or bf to pick up. So my signature wasn't on the pharmacy log. Not proud but I was desperate last year.

Yes I didn't plan on filling this final script. But after coming clean to my Dr.  The physical attributes and thoughts. Well I talked to my bf and did fill it. Knowing my Dr knows I've been using more and more.  My bf knows I've been abusing period. Mentally I feel I failed at first. But for me. It's working. I'm proud of who I'm becoming and look forward to being proud of who I'll be. Now I fear that choice to fill that final script and taper per my drs advice may have been my downfall.

Right now I can't help but smile. My bf snoring on the couch cuddling the dog and normally I'd be running to my lil yellow helpers while he's not looking. Chasing God only knows what. But here I am. 6 hours from my last pill.  Not craving. Happy I will sleep thru the night.  Looking forward to see how far I can go tomorrow before I need a dose. Dr says spread the hours apart with a slow taper. Its like my new addiction. How far can I go between doses lol. But this fear in my head is eating me up. Afraid of a knock at the door.

I know tapering is still using. I know the chances and ease of just 1 more. I also know the seriousness of my situation and being totally clean is my only option. I can't ever fill a script again. The more time I can put between my name and a fill. The better I feel. I also know how much those around me love and need me. Many here have been clean for months and years thru a tapering method. I one day will be one of them :)
I also believe that whatever comes down the road, being clean and the fact that you got off the drugs on your own will go a long way to show that you have changed. Yes, tapering is still using, but if you can taper off the stuff you will be doing your body a favor. Just be careful - one pill can lead to just two, and on and on. Don't listen to your head.
I dread my phone sometimes.  Auto correct *****. During my desperate times in the last year I've used maybe 3 dentists. Not 31 lol
Everthing will be okay..... Stay Srong and remember you have alot of support here!
Hey miss sally I am glad to see you post haven't read it all but ejoyed you PM...I will comment again after I read the who thred.
I am sooo sorry to hear you are having such d difficult time concerning this red flag cituation not that you are working on a new you.....isn't it strange how if it isn't one thing it is always another...

I am soo sorry I am not able to give input on the red flag system and what may come of it..but I am glad you posted so that others on here can share their insight with you on what they know or experienced

Haing in there things always have a way of working themselves out and it is usually not as bad as we think....

Lots og hugs
Angie
Sorry this phone has a mind of its ownit is supposed to read" now that you are working on the new you" ......sorry
I am curious about something, How do you get red flagged if your not filing insurance reimbursement for those rx"s and you were going to different pharmacies? In any case, hope for the best prepare for the "not so best", either way this was a good wake up call right? You will feel loads better after a good night sleep. Day by day.....
I had a similar problem. I was using over five doctors in 09. A doctor send me to a pain management clinic. And rhe doctor pulled my pharmacy log. Had conned a doctor to write me multiple scripts of 60s a week. Plus I made rounds to other doctors.

Well I got flagged. all my doctors were notified. I was humilated. Thpught I was going to jail. I know the peranoid feeling. I rhink its intensified from the opiatelol. I was accused of selling all my pills. I had thoights of the police knocking on my door demamding to see my pills. I ate them. Didnt sell them. I was never busted by thw law thank god

I was cut off from five doctors. Yet one still wrote me scripts. Can you say money? Lol

I assume I still am flagged. Because when I get a script they call the doctor and verify. The doctors can also pull rhe pharm. Chart Nd check.

When I went thru knee replaxement the doc still gave me drugs. I stayed in compliance. I had no problems durring that one time. I used one drug store. Period.

Its my opinion rhe pharms and doctors arw too busy. Unless you forged I dont think you have Nurhing to worry Bout. Learn from your mistakes.....hope this helped if ya have mor questions ask....bama
is tapering is working for you, then keep doing it. some of us aren't able to do the tapering process because of will power or CT just ended up working for us. a lot of us have tried the tapering method but failed. i ended up going CT because i tried to do the tapering and i just ended up going right back to abusing the pills. there are a lot of strong members here on the forums, and i have no doubt that you're one of them. i've read through some of your posts from the past, and your spirits seem to be on the up and up - so that's always a good sign.

i do want to let you know that my posts weren't meant to scare or alert you. but i know what it's like to read through posts [mostly in the past year or so] and think to myself:  "this person isn't fooling anyone but themselves".. and not only that, but there have been posts in the past where i have seen members ask questions, and people will answer them in a manner that will only be used to calm said member down, instead of having their minds go a mile or more a minute. you never know, it could be completely different in your state. but i do know that the DEA form you're referring to is called the PMP [prescription monitoring program] and like i said, it's in effect in well over 40 states now.

i didn't share this the other day, but maybe now would be the best time to do so. like i have said before, i have 400 something days under my belt now. i was walking around our condo on tuesday and tripped over our dog and caught my fall, but my ankle started to swell up and i could barely move it. instead of going to the ER, and because we're military - my husband took me up to an urgent care JUST to make sure it wasn't broken. since i flushed my pills over a year ago, i haven't taken the first pill... not even a tylenol or ibuprofen. when i went there, they did an x-ray and told me my ankle had a hairline fracture, which is much more painful than a break, or so they said. i didn't believe it - but my ankle did and still does hurt horribly. she told me she was going to write me a script for a muscle relaxant, pain medicine and anti-inflammatory, but i told her i was fine without any of that and would be on our way... i just wanted to know if it was a serious injury or not. they wrapped it up and put a "boot" on me as well, and told me to give them a few minutes, and they would be back with my discharge papers. about ten minutes later, we started to talk amongst ourselves and ask what was taking so long. that is when the doctor walked in with another member of their team and said they needed to speak with me.

they had papers in their hands, which i thought were my discharge papers. i was wrong. it was the PMP that they had pulled up on their system, and she started to tell me that she wasn't going to be writing me for anything because i was pill seeking. when those words came out of her mouth, i literally shouted out "how dare you" to her and my husband got all upset as well. my husband and i sat there and reminded her that when she had offered me medicine to take home with me, i refused and told her i would be just fine. she then went on to sit there with this other team member [she said she had to bring in another team member because it was protocol] and read out loud all of the pharmacies and doctors i had gone to seen over the past 24 months, or two years. i was beyond livid, and my husband helped me up out of the chair and we walked out.

with that being said, unfortunately, this is going to follow me around for some time now. the last prescription i received from a doctor [i never went to the streets and got the pills, it was ALWAYS through a doctor or ER visit] was over a year and a half ago. yet, it still haunts me.

so... maybe it will haunt you and all of us for some time. but when you ask about facing jail time, i am pretty sure that the worse that's going to happen to you is getting slapped on the wrist and/or maybe getting told that you need to seek treatment outside of your home on an internet forum. i can only go on what i have seen happen in the field that i have spent almost a decade in, the pharma field.
the reason she was flagged, even though she didn't go through insurance or anything of that nature, is because her name is still in the system. cash paying patients or insurance having patients are all in the new PMP country wide.
I have read thru this whole thread and here is my take on a couple things.  You being red flagged at the pharmacy is the least of your worries right now.  Your addiction to these pills is what concerns me.  You are feeling good right now cuz you are still taking pills but there will come a time when you will have to stop.  Once we stop the pills is when this addiction kicks in.  Getting clean is the easy part, staying clean is the hard one.  Have you given any thought to recovery care?  This is a life changing process.  Using is just a symptom of this.  I know you are scared right now, take some deep breaths, there is nothing that we cant get thru being clean and honest.      sara
Thank you for that information. I had no idea!
not a problem, always here to [try and] help!

i just really know what it's like to have all the same thoughts running and racing through my brain like the above poster does as well, and get answers that don't really tell me the facts, but instead tell me to calm down.

HOWEVER, staying calm did help for me!
Thank you theaddict. I know tapering is more difficult in some sense. Like I haven't tried it before. But never this determined and strong. So far so good. My mind is in a different place. I've admitted to it to others and being accountable to my actions. What I love most here is the balance between encouragement and cold truth. That's important. And your recent story. Well that fear sits in the back of my head. But right now can't eat at me :)
good for you, and keep the faith!
Hi Ms Sally I have also read your thread. what you are doing is not tapering you are white knuckling it till your next pill.. I do not know if you realize the seriousness of what could happen.. having 31 dentist in one year is a Hugh red flag and one if they choose to peruse could be very damaging.. this is only a suggestion so please do not take it that I'm not being supportive.. I say flush the rest of your pills. If you can check into a rehab if you can not afford rehab then start hitting AA our NA meetings have them document the time and day 90 meetings in 90 days would be ideal.. If you go to court this documented would only be in your favor.. also lawyer up at least have one on retainer and be honest with him/her.. also put some money away for bail just in case.. I could say you may not get caught and you may just get away with it all but I would be doing you no favors.. even the little bit you are taking causes us not to think clearly.. This is your life and pretending it is not happening is not going to help. I really do wish you the very best and that none of this is needed but the reality is you are a addict and you need to deal with it more aggressively before your past catches up and you are still on pills.. lesa
she said something about her auto correct on her phone made it 31 instead of 3 dentists, if that helps. but i completely agree with what you've said above. <333
Thank you I do feel better for her :) but that does not take away the refills that were not authorized by her Dr. and being red flagged and trying to get opiates filled may have been the driving nail. I feel for Ms Sally and would like nothing more then for her to get the help she needs and deserves to live the life she so wants. The steps I have outlined are a beginning to her taking some control back of the situation.. Thank you Theaddict I appreciate it..
Our addiction takes us to dark places! I live in a small-ish canadian town and about 5 years ago had 2 docs in the go. ( never admitted this to anyone). 1 was giving T4's and the other percs, I did this for about 6m! Then of course I stuck with perc doc! The panic during that time was so intense!!! I know State laws are harsher that Canada but you're on the right road now and that has to count for something if this ends up in the courts hand. I'm sure even there they want to help people, not throw them away! I'm with everybody else... Seek legal advice!!! Then u know and can deal from there! I'm sorry you have this to deal with too, just take it 1 baby step at a time!!! You should be proud of yourself for wanting sobriety and taking the steps to get there!
i have been taking norco for about 2 years now. At the beginning i would take them to relax. it started with around two a day. i have never told anyone this but i never had a prescription. i used to get them from my mother. When she wouldnt give them to me or i wanted more, I would steal them from her. She would start to notice so I would get them from my step father as I found out he was taking them also. I have never really taken drugs but these really caught me off guard. I climbed to roughly 10 or 15 in a day or two. It would give me energy and keep my mind off of the stressful things unaware it actually took my mind off of everything. I took a stand about five months ago and took a "vacation" to a hotel with my ex husband who called one day and i was honest with him and he helped me detox. i had a horrible time sleeping, no energy, I puked sweated, my body jerked all night long with full kicks by the restless legs. diarhea (diarrhea) but i did it and was so proud of myself. needless to say it didnt last long, a week or so, but I started again! i have lost everything. i have 3 kids that see mommy isnt the same mommy, i have mood swings and I just need 2 or three to function for the day, im only taking that much now because i cant get any more, I would quit if I had the time but with 3 kids its hard. I cry about it daily, i want to qit, its a big secret between me and my mother, step father and aunt because i found out she also takes them. im pissed I ever did it in the first place. I know what im going to go through again when I detox but im actually scared to go through the WD again. If I told you what ive been through with these stupid pills you wouldnt believe me. This is the first time ive read posts and different stories about what others have been though, i will start tomorrow, i have no choice. I need to get back to me. my kids need me more than ever. please pray i can do this. exercise gatorade.. im ready!.. or is it going to be just another day to figure out where my next two pills are going to come from. i am so afraid of going through WD again...
I just got flagged I have ms and live in Texas getting norco from 2 different docs! I'm in a lot of pain! Am I gonn go to jail? In so freaked out!
I know your feeling all too well I have been addicted to Norco 10's for going on 16 years since I was 17 now I am 33 I have done everything under the sun to get these pills, whether it be altering prescriptions, using different names to obtain the pills with a Dr. I have never seen before nor does the person whose name I have used.. I know it is wrong but yet I still did it!! I also Dr. Shopped as well and I have been red flagged. I, myself have been good I have not had any norco in almost 3 months under MY NAME. But under someone else's name I have had norco. I have since stopped this and I am still struggling. But the feeling of being hauled away is always there. I am a true addict and I know what I need to do to stop but I am scared to DEATH of being sober cause those little yellow pills DO make you feel untouchable and they DO ALSO suck the life and energy out of you as well I just hope that I can get the old me back. I hope this helps you McSally and everyone else. I also need advice too I have noone to confide in at all I am struggling with this all by myself...
Hi K   This is an old thread.Go to the top of page and click post a question.
You can then create your own thread and there will be lots of people here to support and answer questions.pm me if you have trouble  :)
hi all year my teeth have been killing me and I barely make minimum wage and cant afford dental insurance. I have easily about $8000 worth of work that needs to be fixed on my teeth. So feeling this pain im going through I went to an urgent care late last night and they prescribed me ibu and amoxicillin for this.. My dumb choice of the year was write onto the prescription and put hydrocodone and as im waiting for my prescription the police came up and took my name and said they knew what I had did and I said im sorry im just in that much of pain,and needed something a bit stronger then ibu... so they said they'll send something to the DA's office and they'll be sending me a summons to go to court....The officer said its a felony and I almost threw up scared as hell. Im in Las Vegas. Does anyone know what could happen to me?
Sammysboy...this is an old thread...you need to go to top of the page and hit "post a question" and start a new thread....that way more people can see your question and can help...good luck with it all!  Hope you get the answers you need.  
Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. First off, this is a really old thread. If you go to the top of the page and hit the 'post a question link' you can start your own thread and tell your story. More people will be likely to see it and comment. To answer your question what will happen, it's hard to say. I would get an attorney or public defender immediately. Ever state is different in how they handle these kind of cases. Hopefully, you can get off with a fine, probation, and some sort of drug treatment, class, etc. I would recommend that you keep your nose clean and start attending some NA meetings. Have them sign a piece of paper and document that you were there. Be proactive in this. It will look good in court, and you may benefit from it. Do you consider yourself an addict? This was definitely some serious addict behavior forging a script.
Its a system called c.u.r.e.s and you do  not need to use your insurance to be flagged a doctor and pharmacy can tell what pharmacys you have been to and what narcotic scripts you got those pharmacys swell as what Dr prescribed  your narcotics. My Dr looks me up on c.u.r.e.s before she writes my scripts to make sure I am following my pain cocontract. The mom and pop shop prob does not enter you script in c.u.r.e.s right  away they have certain time frame to enter the scrip. Big pharmacys enter the script right away that why they seen you where flaged. They my also report you to the d.e.a office. Hopefully they don't. Most pharmacy will just refuse to server you rather that report you.

But how long does your name stay on the flag list?  Thank you.  Ive been doing the ER hopping thing, and I've just found out yesterday, I've been flagged.  Hopefully, I don't get hurt and actually need a prescription in the next_____?    :(
If you find yourself in a bad cycle-sick, using illegally, and can't hold it together, go to professionals. Be it a meth clinic (good one) for detox or maintenance, it's legit, and you can get away from people who use and that lifestyle. Since I got in a steady program, don't abuse my benzodiazepines, take antidepressants, I've graduated a two year program at a tech school, have had no problems with the law, I'm a good single dad, and now I'm going for a bachelor's degree. No pot. It's been about 4yrs. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!