Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
gabapentin/ neurontin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

gabapentin/ neurontin

Hi All!! I have heard that gabapentin/neurontin is helpful with withdrawls from vicoden...I was wondering if anyone has used this while in withdrawl (withdrawal) and if it did indeed help make withdrawls a little easier? Thank you for your help..I am currently trying to taper off vicoden..
i think i read that it does not help....talk to your doc about clonodine
Neurotin had a class action lawsuit against them. I know this because my father was part of it. He was taking neurotin for 4 yrs and it caused him to have seizures. Im sure they would've had to of made changes to the medication for it to still be on the market but sometimes money is all people care about so just be very careful. I know how desperate pill addiction can make you and you will sometimes do anything to feel better or normal again.Clonodine was a good one for me. Its going to be hard no matter what you try. Willpower and faith are really good ones.
thank you for your help....is there anyone who would be able to tell me what a good taper plan would be? I am currently taking 5 to 6 5/500 per day of vicoden..
I have taken neurontin for withdrawals from vicodin and it helped tremendously. I was originally prescribed neurontin for nerve pain due to sciatica but it didn't help with that. I read about it on the net and found it is used in some detox facilities for withdrawals. When taking it the only symptoms I felt were the chills, a tad bit of anxiety, and a little lack of energy. I have went cold turkey in the past without anything and can say that when I used neurontin it made a huge difference. It is by no means a miracle drug but I'd say it made it about 80% easier. It really helped at night with the sleep issues. I have read that it can be habit forming so I only used it for about 10 days. I also made sure to taper down the last few days just to be safe. The only side effect I felt from it was a little fuzzy headed during the day. Go to google and type in "gabapentin for withdrawals" and you will find some more info about it. It wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about it just to be on the safe side. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to message me.
I've also tapered so I can help you there also.
Best of luck and let me know if you try it and if it helped!
Brian
Brian...Thank you so much for your help...i am going to google this right now.... I too had it prescibed for nerve pain..but thought i remembered hearing that it was used for withdrawls...Thank you again....