gabba for anxiety
Hi everyone, I have heard that gabba is good for anxiety and it is all natural.  Is this true?  and I think I will go that route instead of benzos when I wean.  
The amino acid GABA does not cross the blood brain barrier so does not have any effect on anxiety for most people.  The balance of GABA in brain chemistry is a very delicate thing, too much & you will find yourself comatose which  is why the brain has a strong protective barrier.  However, because of this it's not possible to OD on supplemental GABA & there are anecdotal reports from people who say it did help them so it's worth a try but if it doesn't work for you, you won't be alone.

The amino acid l-theanine does seem to promote the functioning of GABA in the brain & is also worth trying.  It's much more subtle than benzos but also free of side effects & has no withdrawals or risks of addiction.

Best wishes.
Being a physician and a recovering addict, I have been very sensitive to any kind of med that could be addictive. BACLOFEN has been successful in treating anxiety and is safe and cheap!
What dose are you taking of Baclofen? I've read that the typical dose is 10mg x 3 daily, but that it takes 80mg to affect anxiety. Also that it should only be used for a couple of months. I'm very interested in this drug. I suffered from something like PTSD before detox from norco and am still very uncomfortable with anxiety. I wan't to talk to my pdoc about this. I also have chronic pain from a back injury and wonder if baclofen can help. I take neurontin and it doesn't seem to be helping.
All of the amino's in the "amino protocol"  I have researched very well on the Kaiser Permenente website.  None of these amino's are proven to do anything at all.  And, be careful that they don't interfere with any current meds you might be taking.  I have also yet to find a doctor that believes they really do anything either........
Baclofen is started at a low dose and titrated up to tolerance or when desired affect is achieved.
The only OTC thing for anxiety that I know does help is Kava Kava.  I don't know if you can get it anymore but if you do find it be careful with it because it is not great for the liver.  they give these warnings because people abuse it.  I think they took it off the market because some punk idiots figured out a way to make it a drug.....i think?

Ino it works.  

good luck.
nauty..........
Excellent recommendation. Kava Kava is a fantastic anxiolytic herbal. It is generally very safe and has only been toxic to the liver in massive amounts. I have read that the effect is as powerful as valium.
I use Kava Root ( to prepare yucky beverage ) and 30% kavalactone capsules. It does help and if I took more it would probably help more, but cost is an issue. The problems with liver toxicity are attributed to some manufacturers adding leaf and stem matter in their preparations. Only the root of the plant is safe to use.

If you don't mind...what dosage of Baclofen do you take?
oops...sorry, I just found your post about dosage. I'm assuming that the starting dose is 10mg. Going to see my Dr. in a few minutes and will ask about getting it.

Regarding the Baclofen, I don't take it, I prescribe it for anxiety. I used to prescribe Benzos - but considering the addiction issues associated with them I do not prescribe them anymore.