Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
getting chubby

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

getting chubby

I've been tapering off vics and xanax for about 2 weeks (slowly) I'm down to about half on vics I've read on here that people lose thier appetites and can't eat. The opposite seems to be happening to me, I can't stop eating! I am exercising a lot for me though, and I feel pretty good, does anyone know if there's a physical need for the extra food, or is it just my mind needing to take up another addiction? I sure hope I don't become a food addict. I can't afford to gain a whole lot or I'll be unhealthy I'm 5'5'' and weigh 175, most people don't believe me when I tell them my weight, some of it is good solid weight from exercise, I wear a 12-14 which I don't really consider to be all that big, anyone else experience a huge appetite increase?
I had the same thing. I gained 10lbs. I eat anything, I swear. And If there is chocolate around, forget it!!
I love the food too so I am right there with ya!!!!
oh yeah i can relate...i gained 21 lbs...i needed it as i didnt eat at all when i was on the oxys...but i gotta stop now and that dont seem to work...ieat and it seems i just dont care...oh well, maybe one day i will get full lol
cathy
I guess I'll just have settle for being chubby, then, at least for now . It's a whole lot better than being stoned all the time! My doctor never has said I was at an unhealthy weight, I guess for my age and body type, I just hope I don't turn into a huge blimp, my blood pressure and heart rate are great 118/75 and usually resting rate @70 bpm, I have the vitals of a 20-year-old so I guess I'm ok.
Yep - gained 20 pounds.  But it was worth it.  I am finally dropping it now - my dream is to get back into a size 8.  Keep dreaming, right? Oh well, main thing is I feel great!
Well, my dream is to get even CLOSE to my "drivers' license" weight, but that ain't gonna happen! LOL  =)