Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
getting off Fiorinal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

getting off Fiorinal

Just asking again if anyone knows how to get off of Fiorinal (butalbital) yourself instead of a detox hospital.  The hospital i have to go to said they don't have a detox for Fiorinal which adds to my fears which are extreme already.  I have to go tomorrow and am so  confused and scared.  Thank you, sherri
Sherri, I wish I could help you with this. I've been sitting here an hour looking for information on this drug, and there's just not much on the web about addictions to this drug. If you want to do this outpatient, have you considered seeing an addictionologist and maybe scheduling a taper plan? You have an appointment tomorrow. Just see hwta they have to say. This is all scary, but look at it as gaining a new life. Please, keep us updated. I will continue to look for information for you. God bless...
How extremely great of you to take the time. They cancelled the appointment for tomorrow.  And i won't go to the detox before i find out more. There are better places but not in my state even.  My cousin married to a nurse said go off by myself slowly - so very hard. I feel i  am being forces without people knowing who i really am and my feelings.  It is beyond anything to not have a life for all this time, but i keep saying it can be worse.  Thank you for answering.  Thank you. Sher