Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
halloween mommies!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

halloween mommies!!!

Omg the time is here!! Us moms on here who will be taking our kids trick or treating while wd.
We are all do scared... What if we have no energy? Irritable? In pain??

We can do it mommies!! We have to do it for our kids, make sure they have the time if their lives!!
I wonna hear all the stories from tonight, good or bad. We can do it!

If we're already going out there, why not have some fun?
Chug a poweraide n get our as5es up, let's do this!!
Although I am not technically withdrawaling, today is my first day tapering and it's a massive drop. So....I've definitely had some symptoms today. But I must take my lil man out tonight. Thank goodness it's just that and staying in with family though. Cuz I'm sure that's all ill have the energy for. Wish all of you health and happiness tonight though! Enjoy the smiles on your children's faces!
Everyone should dress up as an angel, because that's what ya'll  are to me!!! God Bless everyone tonight and comfort you.
My children are going as the DUCK DYNASTY guys and mama Kay! HILARIOUS
I really hope You and all the other Mommas going trick o treating with the kiddos can enjoy yourselfs even if it's for only a few minutes. Today is day 3 for me, going cold turkey off Tramodol. I have been so blessed with a very mild detox. I've went threw this two other times and day 3 is usually the worst. I woke up feeling great! I had some coffee, played with my fur baby...he's a 10 month old English bulldog. I took him to pet smart...which is always a handfull  lol...but fun! For someone going  day 3, cold turkey...I was pretty impressed with myself I must say lol. I felt great, little stomach issues and sweating...but other wise felt really good and very happy and positive! I felt better and got out the house earlier then I would have with being on tramodol. I could really tell a positive difference. I even was able to drop the dog back off at home, go to the PX then come home and go for a long walk in the neighborhood. I was tired after I got home, but the walk was wonderful...the sunny warm weather and listening to my music  really did me good. Started to lose a lot of energy once I got home and  showered...but that's more then what I would usually do latly on my day off anyways....with taking trams. Even tho I was getting tired, loosing motivation and nausus, I still lit candles, got a big glass of water and had fun passing out candy and socializing with the neighbors here and there. I notice I sweat a lot today but it was a very enjoyable day...better then my best day using....because in the back of my mind a huge weight is lifted! God bless everyone and I'm praying for you all to have a nice Halloween and look forward to a better life...hey at least we're all alittle better then yesterday!
Wow I lovvvee that last saying. It's so true we are a little bit better than yesterday. I'm bout to leave in an hr, no energy but I'm gonna suck it up. The walk should do us good. I'm glad everyone is having a great day, hard one fir me so far I took my kid to a Halloween special at her gymnastics place.  Lots of energy....
How did you feel socializing? I noticed I was alittle awkward and quiet. My neighbors and friends know I'm under the weather....they don't know why! Usually I'm very friendly and talkative. I know I'll get back to that place...it's only day 3. With my Husband being gone away at traing for the next month I start getting sad and anxious at night around the house, I try and change my mind set and think that I'm no longer stressing over how and when I'll get off tramodol. That was always my #1 worry/stressor. We have a nice life and a bright future so I start thinking tword that and feel better. Talking to my husband over the phone helps a lot too obviously.
Good luck trick o treating! Let us know how it goes...you will feel better...just remember to breth in the crisp cool air. It's so much more enjoyable not being masked! Even tho we think we need our DOC to do simple things like that...or anything at all! Usually I'd of saved a few xtra just for the occasion. I always thought I could never do anything without them....SO not true! I still did things today and guess what I'm still breathing and I actually enjoyed it all alittle more! Instead of "feeling" the drug...I felt my real feelings...mixed with alittle detox...but that will subside.
I just got back from taking my lil man truck or treating for the first time ever. 14 months may be too earlier, but he had a blast and ya know what.....so did I! For that time, I didn't think about anything but him and his joy! It was great! Happy Halloween everyone!
I did it.  We kept our pact
You're ALL a bunch of GREAT Mommies for pushin on thru~
I typed out a long post and only one sentence showed up, oh well.  
I took my daughter out and it took every ounce of energy I had, but it was worth it.  I'm paying for it now; so exhausted, but it felt good to enjoy some quality time with my daughter.  I didn't get impatient or cranky til the end, which was ok because she got tired too.  So proud of all us that pushed through the pain to be present for our kids.  They deserve it and so do we.  Day 11 down, and it actually felt good to do some walking.  I hope we all get stronger with each passing day.  
I did it too!!! My gosh it was hard but I loved it!! I put my 30lb daughter on my shoulders for 2 hrs n went door to door. The interactions with ppl was good, I smiled n waved (my block makes a HUGE deal outta it) but the energy was hard so I chugged a poweraide. (Kinda bad idea, I had to sneak into bushes twice to pee lol!!!!) My neck n Muscles sure will hurt tmw but I did it I kept our pact !
I did it. took my nephew, was fun but not. 55 degrees in a totally downpour wind, everything you name it. But him & my daughter had fun. I even had fun hanging around my nieces & nephews.  so yesterday day 3 I worked all day & was gone 4 hrs to Halloween not bad..the whole time kept thinking I did thiswithout popping at least 6 pills.. wanted one bad but tried to keep it out of my mind. at about 86 hrs now. I was up super early. don't feel very good right now but I will try to work all day. glad you all had fun...
Glad you pushed through and went out.  
We are def in the same boat; I had fun but was craving too.  I'm also not sleeping well even with the Xanax taper.  I get about 3 good hours and then I toss and turn the rest of the night.  
We all have to hang in there and try to focus on the fact that each day we'll get stronger and better.