has anyone developed health problems from taking too much tramadol?
hey,
i have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get off tramadol.  i have been trying since march of this year to get off tramadol but i dread the withdrawls.  i have only been on the drug for a year, but a year too long. what is driving me to quit more than anything is the deteriation of my body.  I have only been taking 1- 3 for the past six months but it is wreaking havoc on my stomach and now my heart is doing strange things along with respiratory like problems.  Has anyone had any health problems arise from this medication?  
I am only 30 and have a 3 yr and 18 month old and I am scared to death of dying early because of my moderate drug abuse.  I am convinced I need to start going to a support group so I can call on someone when I feel tempted.
It's always easier just to numb feelings than deal with them but I know I will have to do it sooner or later.
Any advise for a desperate young mother who feels so much guilt and fear?
Thanks,
Annie
There are not any problems that I know of but it you are worried go see your GP .Tram can cause heart palpitations
I have heard of it causing stomach problems. Good luck to u
I have now been of tram for 30 days but it caused me to lose my appetite and i have lost at least 13 lbs which is alot since i'm only 5'5" and now only weigh 118lbs...too skinny.  I have not been able to gain any weight yet.  I think i may now have an overactive thyroid.  Best of luck to you and you need to get on a taper schedule to get off these horrid pills. If you have any questions you can PM me. -zoe
deressioncan be a bad effect after long term use of tramadol..1-3 pills a day is not alot but i have heard of people getting addicted on low doses....there is no tylenol in it unles u r taking ultracet..so i am not sure why ur tummy bothers u...i know that stuff makes me feel weird so it was never something i wanted to abuse...lucky for me i guess...anyway it is habitforming and it would be easier to get off now than later....so u r only taking 50-150 mg a day?

(818) 773-9999 ..find a meeting near you
Any overuse of a medication can also cause endocrine problems, i.e. thyroid problems, dizziness, racing heart (palpitations)  headaches, and yes, stomach problems.  You should go see your doctor and stop taking the Tramadol.  Your tiredness will go away and you will thank yourself in the long run, whether you gain some weight back or not.  Your health is a more important issue with small children, at a young age.