heat or cold to help rls
has anyone ever tried using heating pads or something cool on their legs to reduce rls?  what are some things people do to try to sleep while in wds?
IF YOU CAN TAKE a valium zanaz, cladapine, etc, cant take that get seraquel from you doc it will make you sleep all you want. non narcotic think.
Trazodone is a much better non-narcotic choice for sleep than serequel - serequel is a dopamine inhibitor - most of us addicts are dopamine deficient - thats one of the "brain change's" that will ocur with narcotic use......when I used serequel (for 2 days,,,) I researched the stuff because I was responding atypically. Its not that good for an addict trying to recover....the trazodone is like the benadryl and works much better for me. Just the antihystamine thing that makes you drowsy.  

Heating pads are great for RLS ..... some wrap a heating pad around each limb causing trouble.....I used an electrc blanket around both legs....its a good step. Dont see how the cold would help - but have never tried it for RLS.  Banana's and calcium/magnesium supps also do some good.  I would think with the etiology and the cold/hot vaso constriction/vasodilation that the heat would beat the cold by a long way .......... But the mind is a strong thing - - if you feel that it might work - its worth trying......  Best of luck here -  You can do this......
Don't even think about a benzo, they're highly addictive.
Foe the RLS, hot showers worked good for me as exercise did.
Best of luck to you. Keep posting.
sophie.
HOTHOTHOT baths.  AS hot as you can stand it.  The only sleep i got for days was in the jacuzzi.

Good Luck!
hey again! sorry, i'm just catching up on posts! Hylands Restful Legs have been awesome for my husband!! If you can get it or have somebody else get it for you I'm sure it'd help. Epsom salt baths have helped him too, long soakes in really warm water can really help. In the amino acid protocol I believe it said not to underestimate the hot soakes, I believe they were right for sure!!

I meant to tell you, this is my husbands second round with addiction and trying to quit, we didn't do the hot soakes, we didn't do the amino acid protocol, we didn't do any follow up stuff. He seemed like he was doing ok so I didn't push him to do the extra things needed. This time around, we have and he's done soooooooo much better this time. You don't have to be a "health freak" to do the amino acid protocol...it helps..I promise!!! *hugs* You're doing GREAT!!!!!
The RLS was just about the worst part for me.I ate the bananas and got as much exercise as I could and that helped.At night I would get a hot hot bath,get out and rub my legs down with a mentholated muscle rub,wrap them tight,but not too tight,with ace bandages,and then wrap a heating pad around both of them.Thats the only way they would ease up enough so as not to drive me insane.Best of luck...Kim