Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
!help! 16 and addicted to perc and vics

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

!help! 16 and addicted to perc and vics

uhh hi im 16 and addicted to perocet and vicodin. im on day 7 of going cold turkey and have naseua,fatigue and my upper back and shoulders are killing me... i was taking up to 5 percoet 7.5mg or if had vicodin id take like 6 7.5 a day.i had realized that when i went to school in the morning if i didnt take any pills i get withdrawls in school and we all know there no fun my question is when will the withdrawls stop.

i have gabapentin 300mg it seems to work but idk if its an opiate to and that would mean that it was all pointless...
Hi sweetie,
You should start feeling better very soon.  Way to go on day 7.  The Gabapentin is not an opiate it is usually used for nerve pain.  It does help with withdrawals.  So you are fine there.  Have you tried taking hot baths and using a heating pad that helps as well?  Susan
thank you =] ok i thought the gabapentin was an opiate because when i took it ,most the pain went away ''happy its not'' , and i have been taking bathes and stuff but hard to do when i am school lol.
wow, 16.  i am so glad you decided to take your life back.  you have so much life ahead of you.  you are doing great on day 7.  i sure hope you are getting some counseling to help you figure out why you used the drugs.  most times there are some underkying issues we need to deal with, to saty clean.  if you would like to tlak please just pm me and we can chat.
good luck and keep going
cathy
good for you kiddo,any minute your gonna feel better, every day you wake up will be better. and dont get caught up in this **** again. find someone you can talk to about things. instead of medicateing yourself. you can always come here. Teddy
Gabapentin is neurontin and it is not an opiate and is a safe drug....u should be feeling better very soon...the neurontin does cause fatigue tho..fyi...fatigue is also part of the process for most...good luck and keep posting
thank you all for the support..i feel little better, well actually alot better if u consider first few days off pills.only thing that is getting me right now is aches in joints and stuff but its all worth it.....
I have kids your age and thank God they see what me and their mother are going trough w/d ing from pain killers. You've made a great choice getting some excersise should help some also.
yea theres alot of **** in schools that people dont know about theres a kid who breaks up oxys and sells the powder... so i guess if ur kids know ur addicted and in pain they'll stay away at least i would of.
Pills are America's and mine and your generations next epidemic.  I got hooked on pain pills in High School recreationally, and then I wrecked a couple cars, hurt myself in sports, and that made it ok in my mind to use them everyday.  It is so scary how casually some are about it too especially in college.  It is definately not to late, heck its never too late for anyone of any age, but I hope you all that have kids see myself and the other young people here and we are in the same boat as you too.  Please watch your kids, its crazy now-a-days the amount of pills that are sold while IN school, because its much easier to snort a roxy or pop an oxy in class with your Mountain Dew you got out of the soda machine before or during class than trying to hotbox a joint in the stair well or blow a line of coc in the bathroom.